Refunds to a Closed Credit Card

OMGOMGOMG

So I understand if CCL issues a refund for a cancelled cruise or something else, they refund you back to the method of payment. What if that payment method no longer exists? I made payment on a cruise I just cancelled more then 2 years ago and I don't have access to those accounts anymore - they have been closed and paid off for over a year now.

9 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Contact the credit card company and let them know a refund will be coming and they can send you a check. 

Honestly I don't even know what credit card I used to pay it so that's probably not an option.

Had that situation come up during a conversation with Carnival this morning.  This is what I was told:

1) If you replaced the card and still have an account the credit card company will apply to new card.

2) If you no longer have an account, the CC company will notify Carnival and Carnival will issue a check

I had a refund on a credit card from my insurance company that was closed. I had to call them and they sent me a check. When I looked on my account it showed as a negative balance but also showed that it was closed. 

Donna

47 minutes ago, iatag said:

Had that situation come up during a conversation with Carnival this morning.  This is what I was told:

1) If you replaced the card and still have an account the credit card company will apply to new card.

2) If you no longer have an account, the CC company will notify Carnival and Carnival will issue a check

Thanks. I would prefer this over playing the find the credit game and you know credit card companies are shady AF and just won't send you the credit. I don't even have online access to these accounts. Companies closed my access as soon as a I paid the balance and closed the account (for example, Bank of America).