TA or Carnival for Cancellation

powderqn

I booked my cruise through a TA and was hoping to go. I work for a school, and was just informed that if I cruise I would need to self-quarantine for 14 days when I return, which is not a possibility.  Yesterday, I received an update from Carnival and can complete a form for cancellation - can I do that, or do I need to go through my TA. I have left multiple messages for the TA and his company, but no return emails or calls.

Also, are FCC usable on an existing booking, as I have another cruise booked in October.

TIA

FCC's cannot be used on already booked cruises.

If you booked with a TA you must cancel with the TA. You are contractually obligated to complete your business with the TA and the cruiseline is contractually obligated to not do business with you and allow the TA to do business with you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, klfrodo said:

FCC's cannot be used on already booked cruises.

If you booked with a TA you must cancel with the TA. You are contractually obligated to complete your business with the TA and the cruiseline is contractually obligated to not do business with you and allow the TA to do business with you.

I agree. That's the way it works. It's called the Laws of Agency. 

I cancelled a cruise before the panic set in and did get a FCC applied to an already booked cruise. This was through Costco and may be outside the norm, but it worked for me. I had to pay the 50 per person early saver penalty fee.