Why are Celebrity not doing a complete pause in cruising

Hgwells01

So we are due to sail,1 April out of Auckland on Solstice and have had out itinerary changed due to port closures but they have not cancelled our cruise, our travel insurance will not refund unless it is cancelled all the other bookings associated with it for flights etc, why when most of the other lines are ceasing to cruise are they only partially stopping cruises.  I really don’t want to be on a ship at the moment but my only option is to cancel and loose 10k plus.

Just heard, excellent, at least the PM was smart enough to stop it, now I can cancel it all, sigh.  Booked this years ago, got the aft sky suite I love, five weeks leave around the cruise, oh well, hopefully next time we can all sail in fairer skies.

40 minutes ago, Hgwells01 said:

Just heard, excellent, at least the PM was smart enough to stop it, now I can cancel it all, sigh.  Booked this years ago, got the aft sky suite I love, five weeks leave around the cruise, oh well, hopefully next time we can all sail in fairer skies.

Wouldn't it be better to let Celebrity cancel the cruise so you can get a full refund, rather than just have the future credit option. With the cruise industry at the moment I would be wary of leaving any money with them in credit. I'll take the refund cash I think and that way I am guaranteed of getting my money back..