Suspect Celebrity Cancelled for 30 Days at the Request of the White House

Jim_Iain

Administration needed to shut down cruise lines.  If states aren't allowing gatherings of more than a couple hundred people how could they permit thousands on a cruise ship.

If you believe Dr. FaucI cases in the US won't peak until after 4/11.   It will be sometime after that before ships are allowed to sail.

Maybe Las Vegas should offer bets on the all-clear date.  They don't currently have any sports to bet on.

Edited by Baron Barracuda
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, fun4us2 said:

The President started yesterday in his address that he was looking into financially helping the cruise lines. 

No worries president Trump will make America great again and  also Celebrity Cruises

• Haha 1

just guessing here, but if Celebrity starts sailing again after the "30 day suspension",  I would think they would start again on April 11 as that is a Saturday and a lot of cruises start on Sat and Sun.  If they wait the extra day/days for the 30 day break, they would be losing all that revenue keeping the ships in port until the next weekend.  just a thought

9 minutes ago, BRONZEMEMBER said:

just guessing here, but if Celebrity starts sailing again after the "30 day suspension",  I would think they would start again on April 11 as that is a Saturday and a lot of cruises start on Sat and Sun.  If they wait the extra day/days for the 30 day break, they would be losing all that revenue keeping the ships in port until the next weekend.  just a thought

Hence why 30 days was really 28 😀.

The president has closed the border for 30 days. I wonder what happens to the tour agencies at the moment. I mean cmon, thousands of airplanes, ships, cars where would they go? Is it really possible to do nowdays? If so, then I wonder which ports remain open and which airports are still operating. What can Europeans travel back home if they are in the US right now? Those ships that did not depart yet will probably just wait those 28 days and do the whole thing all over again. In any case I am sure that they will lose maany of their passengers.