Worth getting off in Kuantan

Spikesgirl

We're taking the july 16th Bangkok to Beijing tour and I've read less than flattering things about Kauntan. It would seem that for the most part, they were not set up to handle cruise ships and their passengers. Does anyone have anything to comment about this? Thanks in advance!

Charlie

There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy

• 1 month later...

Charlie, It is true that Kuantan is no Miami Beach or Myrtle Beach. For those of us that love travel and some adventure this is a good thing. Kuantan is considered a resort by Malaysians who drive there for the sun and sand. We were there a couple of years ago as a port stop on the Pacific Princess. We decided to pass on all the tours (they looked boring and were typcially overpriced) and spend the day at the beach. We e-mailed the Hyatt Regency (it is one of the best resort hotels) and they said we could spend the day using their facilities for a small fee (I don't remember the price, but it was less than $30). We used taxis both ways. They had a really nice pool area and an adjacent beach..and they had lockers, showers, food, etc. We just relaxed our entire day and had a nice lunch at the hotel. As I recall, nobody was thrilled with their tours provided by Princess.

Hank

Hank,

thank you so much for actually responding - I thought it was all over for this thread. I've since connected with someone who took a tour of the city and thought it was okay. I'm still wishy washy about this port. the excursions don't send me, but the thought of some beach would make my DH very happy. Thanks for the advice! The Hyatt sounds just about perfect!

Happy sails!

Charlie

Archived