ALASKA CRUISE SEATTLE

auburn77

We are somewhat optimistic about the future and have booked an Alaskan cruise in September out of Seattle. IF we are able to sail, do you think we could make a 10:15 flight out of SEA-TAC AP if the ship docks at 7? I know we would probably have to carry our luggage off early. We can change to 12:15, but for hundreds more. I guess others are also optimistic as the flights are filling up fast.

15 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

We are somewhat optimistic about the future and have booked an Alaskan cruise in September out of Seattle. IF we are able to sail, do you think we could make a 10:15 flight out of SEA-TAC AP if the ship docks at 7? I know we would probably have to carry our luggage off early. We can change to 12:15, but for hundreds more. I guess others are also optimistic as the flights are filling up fast.

You would have to be in the first walk off group with your luggage and catch an Uber/Lyft etc.

I always say have a back up plan as it would be cutting it close.

Seattle airport TSA can be a chaotic nightmare on a good day. I would never book a post cruise flight from there before 11:30 at the VERY earliest, with noon being my optimal departure time. Too many things can go wrong. Pay a tad more and fly later with less stress. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburn77 said:

The ship will probably dock by 6:00 or 6:30 but by the time you get off the ship, through Customs and onto an Uber or Taxi, it is going to be at least 7:30. and could easily be 8:00am.  Then you've got to get through Seattle and to SeaTac airport. Could you make a 10:15 flight? It would not be impossible, but it would be very improbable and, to my way of thinking, not worth the hassle of having to count on having no problems anywhere along the line. I would highly suggest the later 12:15 flight or check for a less expensive flight the next day and spend a relaxing day at the DoubleTree Hotel or one of the others by SeaTac airport!

Tom

8 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

The ship will probably dock by 6:00 or 6:30 but by the time you get off the ship, through Customs and onto an Uber or Taxi, it is going to be at least 7:30. and could easily be 8:00am.  Then you've got to get through Seattle and to SeaTac airport. Could you make a 10:15 flight? It would not be impossible, but it would be very improbable and, to my way of thinking, not worth the hassle of having to count on having no problems anywhere along the line. I would highly suggest the later 12:15 flight or check for a less expensive flight the next day and spend a relaxing day at the DoubleTree Hotel or one of the others by SeaTac airport!

Tom

OP,  Tom works at Pier 91, the Princess Pier, in Seattle and if anyone, he should know Seattle.