harmony 3/8 cruise

10 minutes ago, oldmancurtis said:

wife just received an email from royal informing us that someone on our cruise has come down with the virus. just putting it out there. we feel fine and hope allare safe and health

Many folks knew already,  there was a couple thousand people on the Facebook group for that sailing, the lady that tested positive informed everyone last week as soon as she found out the results and also informed Royal. Thus why we got the email. Good thing is, so far no other confirmation of positive cases among the large Facebook group. 

Edited by Jzx1103

With 6,000 passengers on that ship, it really doesn't surprise me that someone tested positive.  To put it in perspective, everyone in the US who tested positive had most likely been to grocery stores, gas stations, and many other public places.  Thankfully, the cruise ship was constantly being cleaned by the crew.  My biggest concern was actually my return trip through the Orlando airport after finding out a TSA agent tested positive.

When I got home from the cruise, I decided to self-quarantine just because it was a different world when we got off of the cruise ship and I wanted to be on the safe side.  So far, we feel fine. 

• Like 1

Hi JZX 1103 coolcruiser , I was wondering what day did you see this on facebook. because I wondered how slow they sending out info to those of us on the cruise. They told us on the 13th about cruises being cancelled and in same annoucement  by the captain that no one was sick on ship

56 minutes ago, oldmancurtis said:

Hi JZX 1103 coolcruiser , I was wondering what day did you see this on facebook. because I wondered how slow they sending out info to those of us on the cruise. They told us on the 13th about cruises being cancelled and in same annoucement  by the captain that no one was sick on ship

She posted on Facebook and informed everyone last Thursday 3/19

19 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

With 6,000 passengers on that ship, it really doesn't surprise me that someone tested positive.  To put it in perspective, everyone in the US who tested positive had most likely been to grocery stores, gas stations, and many other public places.  Thankfully, the cruise ship was constantly being cleaned by the crew.  My biggest concern was actually my return trip through the Orlando airport after finding out a TSA agent tested positive.

When I got home from the cruise, I decided to self-quarantine just because it was a different world when we got off of the cruise ship and I wanted to be on the safe side.  So far, we feel fine. 

I thought they said you can carry the virus, not have the symptoms but still give the virus to others? maybe someone else can confirm this?