Airfare for 2021 Cruise

BarnCat1

My cruise is not until spring of 2021 but the reservation is already listing the cities for my air travel, just with no times.

I just paid off the final balance a few days ago, a few months before it was due.

Any idea how long before the airfare might be finalized?  Will they wait until the final balance was actually due, or book the airfare now that's it paid in full?

27 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

My cruise is not until spring of 2021 but the reservation is already listing the cities for my air travel, just with no times.

I just paid off the final balance a few days ago, a few months before it was due.

Any idea how long before the airfare might be finalized?  Will they wait until the final balance was actually due, or book the airfare now that's it paid in full?

Ours was finalized about 60 days out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarnCat1 said:

Normally flights are not even listed for individual purchase until less than a year from the travel date?

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Normally flights are not even listed for individual purchase until less than a year from the travel date?

I was surprised when I saw it listed on my reservation. It wasn't there when I made my last payment a few weeks ago.   I have a non-stop going and connecting coming back. I was also surprised, with everything else going on with Covid-19, that they would be updating my reservation with this information since it's so far out.  It is less than a year from now. 

Those aren't the actual flights, they're placeholders until the flights are actually booked.  When I booked my cruise for Oct. 2019 I had placeholder flights going through one city while people I was traveling with had placeholders through a different city.  Once the tickets were actually issued, my flights were adjusted to match the other cabin I was traveling with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

I was surprised when I saw it listed on my reservation. It wasn't there when I made my last payment a few weeks ago.   I have a non-stop going and connecting coming back. I was also surprised, with everything else going on with Covid-19, that they would be updating my reservation with this information since it's so far out.  It is less than a year from now. 

Where actually do you see that on your reservation?

6 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Where actually do you see that on your reservation?

Under Vacation Summary on the left side Reservations At- a - Glance under AIR

Reservation At-a-Glance

• Reservation #:

Embarkation:

Feb 01, 2021
    Miami, Florida

Disembarkation:

Feb 13, 2021
    Miami, Florida
  •  

10 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

I am a bit confused. Final payment is 120 days prior to departure. Which would make a spring 2021 cruise final payments due in December or January (spring starting on March 20, 2021). Isn't it a bit early to commit money to a company that is already borrowing a lot of money to keep a float (pun intended)?

33 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I am a bit confused. Final payment is 120 days prior to departure. Which would make a spring 2021 cruise final payments due in December or January (spring starting on March 20, 2021). Isn't it a bit early to commit money to a company that is already borrowing a lot of money to keep a float (pun intended)?

The vacation is the beginning of March so maybe Spring wasn't the right word.  I paid it in full because I've already had 2 trips cancelled because of Covid-19 (not cruises) so I'm looking forward to the 2021 cruise.