URGENT: MSC Cruises is extending the pause of its cruise operation through May 29.

Maikell

17 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Does anyone know that if you have two people in a reservation, do you have to go in and process the refund form for each individual? Or do you only have to cancel it under the lead name and then both passengers will be refunded?

Since we were on the same booking number which they ask for I am assuming that it means all names on the reservation with that booking number. The booking still shows as active this morning but then our two Celebrity cruises are still showing as active and I requested refunds on 3/15. I’m assuming that they’re all handling them the same way. They have to be handled manually which is what X told me.

1 hour ago, aprilF said:

US cruiser here.

I second the question about needing to submit for each passenger or just the lead.  If anyone knows for certain, please let us know.

I booked on board but was sailing under an Expedia booked cruise so I was told my booking went to Expedia.  My information has been all messed up.  I tried to correct with Expedia before COVID but because the info on MSC was correct I finally just left the FUBARed Expedia info after trying for about a week to get Expedia to correct things.  On 3/17 I tried contacting Expedia to cancel, couldnt get through.  Couldnt even get on hold, it would just hang up.  No chat feature could get me to a live person and because my information on Expedia was all messed up (name was incorrect, numbers never went to reservation) I couldnt utilize that feature.  I called MSC on 3/17 and cancelled.  Was a little surprised they did it since Expedia "owned" the reservation.  Cruise showed as cancelled on MSC, room was returned to inventory.  No refund yet but per MSC I wasnt expecting before 4/6.

I got the email from Expedia today that my cruise was cancelled.  Link in email to take care of it leads to MSC's site which refers me back to travel agent if that was how I booked.  Uncertain if I need to cancel again and how.  I figure canceling a second time wont hurt me but it could slow the system and hurt others.  However given MSC's back and forth on policies Id like to make sure I am getting a refund at least within 60 days rather than a credit or a refund after 12/31/21 and apply now if needed (in case my first cancellation didnt "stick" for whatever reason).  Anyone with experience with MSC and/ or Expedia want to weigh in on if I should be applying now for the refund.  I dont want to make things worse for others but I also dont want to screw myself.

Well I got antsy that MSC would change terms so I went ahead and applied once for the cruise reservation lead.  The email I got gave me a confirmation number and didnt tell me the cruise was already cancelled so I guess I will see what happens.

I really wish I had just gone with my gut and cancelled before PIF, then I'd likely be out of this mess now.  COVID is teaching me that my instincts are decent and I should listen to them rather than deferring to others.  A few things wold have been better had I listened to my gut on this.

8 hours ago, dexddd said:

Think and what form says two different things.  Form nor FAQ say that.

I was trying to be helpful.  I didn’t realize I was testifying in a court of law! Thanks for your courtesy!?

• 2 weeks later...

Urgent message of CDC:

This message only applies to cruises that would take place in the American territory.

Because America is currently the most affected country in the world with covid-19 due to late intervention, all cruises are canceled in America for the next hundred days.

MSC cruiseships in US waters departing from the world's largest disaster area to flock to other continents where covid-19 measures are properly enforced and where is improvement against the virus, such as in Northern Europe. 

The MSC ships will leave US waters the coming days.

MSC cruises will resume sailings in these improved covid-19 continents on May 29. You can read the entire message from CDC here;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-10/cdc-s-no-sail-order-for-cruise-ships-extended-by-100-more-days