NCL just announced new cancellation dates to 5/10

banjineer

NCL just posted on their website new cancellation info:

Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to April 11 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through May 10, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020.

• Like 3

From the NCL UK Website:

Information onSUSPENDED SAILINGS

Updated 03/30/2020    Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we are extending the suspension of all sailings across our fleet through May 10, 2020 and plan to relaunch cruise operations with embarkations beginning May 11, 2020. We are thinking of each and every one of you, and together we will return to our favourite place - the ocean, stronger than ever.

Guests who were booked on suspended cruises will automatically receive a 125% or 150% refund of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit which can be applied towards any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits will be applied to your account by April 1, 2020.

EMBARKATION DATES
FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT
March 13 to March 17, 2020 150% of cruise fare
March 18 to May 10, 2020 125% of cruise fare

We’re also giving an additional 20% discount when you book by April 14, 2020 using your Future Cruise Credit on cruises embarking July 1, 2020 - December 31, 2022! This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.

Guests who do not prefer to take advantage of a future cruise credit will receive a refund to be payable after 90 days from completion of the Refund Form below. Refund requests must be submitted by April 27, 2020 for all suspended sailings.

Please note that if your suspended sailing was scheduled to embark between April 12 - May 10, 2020, you will not be able to request your refund through this form until April 13, 2020.

Just got this also.

"A lesser value refund is also available for guests who do not wish to avail themselves of the 125% future cruise
credit. Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment 90 days
after completing the request form at www.ncl.com/case-submission/peace-of-mind. The form will be available from
April 13 through April 27, 2020."

Seems like you can not apply for a refund until April 13. even though the from is live.

NCL just posted on their website new cancellation info:

Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to April 11 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through May 10, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020.

If you booked your cruise thru a cruise broker, do you cancel with your cruise broker (travel agent) or directly with NCL? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

13 minutes ago, Murph269 said:

So, looks like we have to wait 2 more weeks until we can request a refund, and then wait up to 90 more days to receive it?

Not UP to 90 days, on NCL's website it says AFTER 90 days!!!

Guests who do not prefer to take advantage of a future cruise credit will receive a refund to be payable after 90 days from completion of the Refund Form below. Refund requests must be submitted by April 27, 2020 for all suspended sailings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jaapie said:

Not UP to 90 days, on NCL's website it says AFTER 90 days!!!

Wow, good catch. They worded that very ambiguously. That could mean that upon day 90 after completing the form, you would receive your refund. Or, it could mean it will be at least 90 days after the completion of the form. They covered their bases for either scenario with their verbiage. 

42 minutes ago, hamrag said:

From the NCL UK Website:

Information onSUSPENDED SAILINGS

Updated 03/30/2020    Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we are extending the suspension of all sailings across our fleet through May 10, 2020 and plan to relaunch cruise operations with embarkations beginning May 11, 2020. We are thinking of each and every one of you, and together we will return to our favourite place - the ocean, stronger than ever.

Guests who were booked on suspended cruises will automatically receive a 125% or 150% refund of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit which can be applied towards any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits will be applied to your account by April 1, 2020.

EMBARKATION DATES
FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT
March 13 to March 17, 2020 150% of cruise fare
March 18 to May 10, 2020 125% of cruise fare

We’re also giving an additional 20% discount when you book by April 14, 2020 using your Future Cruise Credit on cruises embarking July 1, 2020 - December 31, 2022! This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.

Please note that if your suspended sailing was scheduled to embark between April 12 - May 10, 2020, you will not be able to request your refund through this form until April 13, 2020.

hm guess its different from country to country.

I did not get an offer on  additional 20% discount, just the 125% of FCC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4oslo said:

hm guess its different from country to country.

I did not get an offer on  additional 20% discount, just the 125% of FCC.

The extra 20% is automatically added if you book by April 14th. It’s not in the form of a credit.

There it is, the 5 pm announcement we knew was coming. I cancelled last week and was told my port charges and beverage charges would be refunded in 10-14 days. My cruise fare was covered under CFAR. Fingers crossed for my refund within 14 days.

But now for others, a two week delay to fill out a form to request a refund and at least a 90 day arbitrary add on beyond that. Unheard of. Cash is likely in short, short supply. They may need May and June operating revenue to pay for April refunds. Wow! The bigger question is will NCL even be around after the 104 day wait. Good riddance! They won't be missed.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, blcruising said:

There it is, the 5 pm announcement we knew was coming. I cancelled last week and was told my port charges and beverage charges would be refunded in 10-14 days. Fingers crossed.

But now, a two week delay to fill out a form to request a refund and at least a 90 day arbitrary add on beyond that. Unheard of. Cash is likely in short, short supply. They may need May and June operating revenue to pay for April refunds. Wow! The bigger question is will NCL even be around after the 104 day wait. Good riddance! They won't be missed.

Its far more likely they do this so people will choose FCC instead.  

Of course they will be around after the 104 day wait. They will be here next year, and the years to follow.

• Like 1

Just now, chobo2 said:

With this FCC and 20% discount is that on only the non tax portion?

Curious as well. I assume the 20% discount is on the base cruise fare.

But what about the FCC, can it only be applied to the cruise fare as well? Or can it be used to cover taxes, gratuities, service charges and whatnot?

4 minutes ago, z4oslo said:

Its far more likely they do this so people will choose FCC instead.  

Interesting...unnecessarily delaying a refund...not a very honest business model. I foresee lots of credit card chargebacks in their future....creating even more paperwork to deal with. Unwise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Interesting...unnecessarily delaying a refund...not a very honest business model. I foresee lots of credit card chargebacks in their future....creating even more paperwork to deal with. Unwise.

Nothing dishonest about it. Its not like they hide it. Credit card chargeback will not work. They dont deny the claim, they just says it will take some time.

They dont do this to piss you or anyone else off. They do because they have running expenses. If you lost your income for several months, wouldn't you  also try to delay payments, so you have food on your table for you and your family?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pentiumvi said:

Curious as well. I assume the 20% discount is on the base cruise fare.

But what about the FCC, can it only be applied to the cruise fare as well? Or can it be used to cover taxes, gratuities, service charges and whatnot?

Yeah, guess maybe on the 1st will see how much we get from the FFC. Right now I am treating both only on the cruise fair. I looked at 2021 April Hawaiian cruse and it's current price and then compared it to my current(now cancelled) April Hawaiian curse and it is pretty much a wash. 

The 2021 cruise is about $2000 CAD more than my current one, but if you count the free airfare which I did not get (though I going to now have a flight credit to use up.), $100 OBC they throw in, the 25% FFC and the 20% off and I am basically looking at a wash.

I probably will go for the full refund, at least gives us an option to decide what kind of vacation we do next year. I would have no problem going on a cruise again and I think NCL will be around next year so it is not that I am scared of them going bankrupt. 

Here I am committing to go to Hawaii next year but maybe next year cruses in the Caribbean will be cheaper or maybe we will want to go somewhere else. Plus since we are basically getting it at what we paid for now, I bet we can get a similar deal in the future.

How odd. I read the update on their website and see here that others received email notices. My April 19 cruise was booked directly through NCL. As of this moment I have not received an email notification and the cruise still shows in my NCL account albeit with all the payment wiped out (it shows as on hold but also shows me as 100% checked in).

Has everyone else gotten their email notification or might NCL be sending them out in batches? 

8 minutes ago, z4oslo said:

Nothing dishonest about it. Its not like they hide it. Credit card chargeback will not work. They dont deny the claim, they just says it will take some time.

They dont do this to piss you or anyone else off. They do because they have running expenses. If you lost your income for several months, wouldn't you  also try to delay payments, so you have food on your table for you and your family?

They should treat any money received from customers as nothing more than a deposit, and not revenue until the cruise has actually taken place. It’s no different than any other business. It’s cliche, but you can’t count your chickens before they hatch. They should have enough cash on hand to cover refunds for future cruises in scenarios like this. If they don’t, that’s not a smart business practice. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, coastcat said:

How odd. I read the update on their website and see here that others received email notices. My April 19 cruise was booked directly through NCL. As of this moment I have not received an email notification and the cruise still shows in my NCL account albeit with all the payment wiped out (it shows as on hold but also shows me as 100% checked in).

Has everyone else gotten their email notification or might NCL be sending them out in batches? 

My April 19 cruise (Dawn TA) was also booked directly thru NCL. Today at 4:29pm CST I received the cancellation email from them.