Who's your favorite crew member(s)?

Dori Saltzman

What a fun post!  😃 We have loved the crew on every ship we have been on.  In recent memory (Silhouette, 2018, ABC Islands), we loved Iwan, server in the Martini Bar.  He was the first bartender we met upon embarkation.  My wife and I upgraded our beverage package to premium, and SIL purchased the premium from him.  We typically stopped there 2 or 3 times around dinner, show, post-dinner time, and he always seemed to find us before we found him! If he wasn't real busy, we enjoyed getting to learn about his Indonesian home, and his family. When my wife's dirty martini wasn't quite right, he dug until he discovered a different kind of olive brine was being used.  From there on, he made sure the right brine was used. Service with a smile, and he made our trip memorable.  We also really appreciated our cabin steward Nawaz.  He was just so fast, efficient, and very friendly.  Also appreciated the few moments to get to know him better as well.

Our staff on the Constellation in November 2019 (Italy/Dalmatian Coast) was equally amazing...we just did not have as much interaction as we were constantly off on a shore excursion.  But, we had the same approach...get to know them.  No matter the ship, we always try to ask about their families, etc. as we know they work hard and rarely see their families.

I haven't seen this mentioned on other posts, but DO get to know the musical entertainment, especially the duos, etc. who perform in the smaller venues.  I'm a musician myself, so often really connect with at least one performing group.  We often see them onboard the ship, or even on shore.  We find out what venue they are performing in, and "hang" there for a couple hours.  They love getting to know passengers too.  We've had them see us and sing anniversary songs (we often travel for our anniversary) or other songs and point to us.

But, seriously, all staff work so hard, and we love to recognize them!

• Like 1