FV Cabins - for just two? Will we get bumped?

wesp

I note that the FV cabins are listed on Expedia for an occupancy of four. Can we book for just two? Do we risk getting bumped later if Celebrity gets a better deal?

Wesley

Galaxy April 2002

Norway August 2001

Independence April 1999

Delta Queen April 1996

This is a topic that has been coming up quite often lately. Here is our experience...It seems to be a date "sensitive thing" During school vacation times and holidays - generally when there are bound to be lots of families with children Celebrity won´t book those cabins with only 2 occupants. BUT during other times it seems they will allow couples to book them.

Keep in mind what is the worst that can happen? Remember these cabins are the next best thing to the suites so they can either give you a suite or ask you to take a different cabin in a lesser catagory - then they will have to make it a sweet deal for you - probably by giving you a decent onboard credit.

Hope that helped some..

You will not, under any realistic circumstances, ever be "bumped" down by Celebrity if you have made a deposit or payment on your stateroom and been assigned a specific cabin. I can't recall anyone posting an experience to the contrary on this board. You MIGHT be upgraded but that, too, can be avoided by requesting your TA to enter "no upgrades" in your Celebrity record. Celebrity will sometimes set aside FVs for families on family-popular sailings but if there are no "family" takers these cabins will be made available for sale to anyone--couples, triples and even single occupants. In most cases, however, there no restrictions at all on booking an FV (if you're willing to spend the money).

Celebrity gave me a bit of a hard time booking an FO on Mercury, they said I might have to give it up to a family, but cruiseyguy is right, it would just depend on demand. They certainly would not leave it empty if no family wanted it!

I really don't understand why Celebrity telephone reps continue to give callers a hard time about FV capacity when it is possible to select, book and pay for these cabins at Celebrity's online site for any number of people, no questions asked nor lectures given.

Archived