Excursion cancelled... still fuming

Lees Cruisin

Logged into my cruise personaliser this morning. Managed to cancel the excursion i booked for my July cruise. I recieved a cofirmation E-Mail moments later saying " You're refund has been applied as on board credit" ... Well sorry i don't want on board credit i want my cash back... further down the e-mail it says " to request a cash refund click here"... but there is nothing highlighted to click on. Why is nothing ever straightforward?

17 minutes ago, Lees Cruisin said:

Logged into my cruise personaliser this morning. Managed to cancel the excursion i booked for my July cruise. I recieved a cofirmation E-Mail moments later saying " You're refund has been applied as on board credit" ... Well sorry i don't want on board credit i want my cash back... further down the e-mail it says " to request a cash refund click here"... but there is nothing highlighted to click on. Why is nothing ever straightforward?

Contact your credit card supplier..... they will assist you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruising Nomads said:

No need to contact your credit card supplier. If you check the P&O website there is a link to submit a claim for a full cash refund for pre cruise purchases.

The OP confirmed there was not a link to claim form.   

Must admit I’m surprised the excursions are given as OBC as any excursions I book I like to book in advance of the cruise. You can’t use your OBC in advance so it’s a bit annoying. 
I know you can apply for the direct refund but it is annoying as normally refunds go straight back into your account within a few hours! I know because I have cancelled a couple including one this year.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the link in the email confirmation to enable us to receive the cash refund comes up with "address not valid". Who would have guessed it?????

The P&O website does have a link to an online form to claim a cash refund for excursions etc but doesn't give any indication as to whether you need to cancel the excursions first. Also, no idea if we will get confirmation of this online form request or do we have to wait 60 days (as this is the time the form says it could take to come through) and hope for the best? By the way we were able to cancel only one of a few we had booked so no idea when and if we can cancel the others or indeed if we need to as we have now submitted the online form for the total amount.

All very professional.