Coco Beach Club Shade - Need A Cabana?

We’re going to be at CocoCay in December with another couple. Both husbands have had issues with skin cancer and will want to be in as much shade as possible. Does the Coco Beach Club have plenty of umbrellas and/or trees for shade, or should we get a cabana?  I hate to spend the money for a cabana but if the guys would get more shade there then it would be worth it. 

thanks. 

There are plenty of umbrellas (pretty sure there was one umbrella for every two chaises) but the cabanas looked really nice, even the ones on the beach which are less expensive than the over the water ones. 

There is plenty of shade.  No need to spend money on an overpriced cabana.    

Same as said above, we had to move our chairs to get into the sun as the area we lounged had umbrellas and palm trees,      Lots of fun on CocoCay.    I was supposed to be there end of March for my DH's birthday and had a special day all planned out for him.   Hopefully we can make it there for next birthday for another special day.

You'll be fine on the shade front - just remember to wear sunscreen and reapply throughout the day! I ended up falling asleep in the sun and got a gnarly sunburn (swollen hands, peeling skin, my feet were burned so bad it hurt to walk) - I still have a tanline on my leg a year later! Totally my own fault lol but just a good reminder that you can never wear enough! 😅