£50 pp deposit

janieb1962

Hi all

we booked onboard for Feb 2021,taking advantage of the low £50pp deposit

Just wondering if we cancel are we liable for what would have been the usual deposit (not entirely sure what amount that would be though) or would we just lose the amount we have paid ie £100 in total ?

27 minutes ago, janieb1962 said:

Hi all

Just wondering if we cancel are we liable for what would have been the usual deposit (not entirely sure what amount that would be though) or would we just lose the amount we have paid ie £100 in total ?

You only lose the £50pp deposit. You are not liable for anything else. 

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

That would depend on the T&C's of whoever you booked with .Can you not ask them ?

A bit back there was a thread on £1 deposits which may help.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2721664-£1-deposit/

Thanks kalos as mentioned we booked on board so with P&O. Of course I can ask them but guess they super busy with more urgent enquiries  so thought I’d ask on here  if anyone  had experience /knowledge of doing similar 

. thanks anyway for the the link 

Edited by janieb1962
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, janieb1962 said:

Thanks kalos as mentioned we booked on board so with P&O.

Of course you did, silly me misread :classic_blush:  but Selbourne  sorted you out. Glad you have got your info :classic_smile:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes we have 2 booked for 2021 with £100 per cabin deposits on both.  Rather glad it's not more.  Have a feeling we won't be doing either of those.

You could always cruise from Noss over to Warren Point 😉

On 4/17/2020 at 3:53 PM, janieb1962 said:

Hi all

Probably only £50, but if there is something hidden in the T&C's, you could give them a voucher 😁.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Ha ha, not even allowed to do that at the minute!!  Here in the South Hams, a quick sunbathe in the local fields is a bit norty.!

Try up on Plymuff Hoe - seems people are doing that !!!!

19 hours ago, zap99 said:

Probably only £50, but if there is something hidden in the T&C's, you could give them a voucher 😁.

I am almost 99.9% certain (never can be 100% certain in these times) that you can only lose the deposit.  I had a conversation with my TA about it when I booked on my upcoming cruise (which I paid for in full the first week of March 😞 ).  I booked over a year ago to get myself a bargain having never booked so early before.   

If I changed my mind I was only going to be £100 out of pocket which I was prepared to accept.    

I wonder if the cancellations will continue to 6th June cruises.  It would be wonderful if a safe way out of lockdown could be worked out before then.