2C Cabins on Solstice Class Deck 6

kebrown

Can someone recommend a 2C cabin on deck 6 of the Solstice class ships where the obstruction is not that bad?  I am looking at the 2C cabins on the Eclipse but I believe the deck plan is the same on all of the Solstice class ships.  I like the price of these cabins but I do not want the obstruction to be too large.

The 2Cs on the jut-out after the 2As mid-ship are good.

Personally we like the last 8 cabins toward the stern on either the port or starboard sides. The verandas extend over the blue roof of the dining venues on Deck 5 so they are larger than most verandas. Lifeboats are not an issue for these cabins but the walk may be!

As mentioned above, the angled balconies are great.  I've stayed in many different 2Cs, and also several 2Ds.  Generally the 2C obstruction is that you can't look down directly, because the lifeboat is immediately below.  There is no obstruction above the level of the balcony railing.  In the 2D rooms, you'll generally have the lifeboat davit (the metal, crane-like apparatus that secures the boat) extending above the level of your railing.  Neither of these obstructions is severe to me.  If one were a photographer, that would be a concern.  The only other thing that I suppose is worth mentioning is that, on a couple cruises, I've gone out to the balcony, and there have been marine crewmen working on the lifeboats performing some type of maintenance.  This has never been a real issue, and hasn't ever lasted that long.  I suppose if I were one who liked to enjoy my veranda au natural, I could be responsible for some poor sailor suffering psychological damage.

Harris

Denver, CO