No package- what can I drink?

bearette

We don't drink enough to make any sort of package worth it. what are the included drinks, as I understand things like tap water are not given in the dining room? drip coffee and hot tea? What about for kids? My kids don't drink soda or juice so the packages for all of us just don't make any sense for 896 euros we can pay as we go. I don't see any sortof bottled water or other sort of bulk packages ? We are not cruising until November, hopefully when coronavirus will be a distant memory.  The cruise sails out of Barcelona if it matters.

Edited by bearette

For European sailings, the only free drinks are those available from the buffet (tea, coffee, water, juice etc), as well as tea/coffee and juice in the MDR for breakfast only.

However:

(1) Your booking likely comes with free bottled water and coffee in the MDR's, if booked from the US.  It will be shown as an additional item on your booking, if it is included.

(2) Drinks are not particularly expensive.  E.g. a large (1 liter) mineral water bottle is about USD $3.  A basic cocktail USD $8 etc.  

That's not too bad, I didn't see any sort of package on our booking and we used a TA, not the website , which says it includes drinks from the US only if you book online.  I hope it has water and coffee or tea, but if not I can pay for a few drinks and make sure to visit the buffet for more water.  As long as I can get a cup of caffeine at breakfast I can survive.

I'll make sure to stock up on some bottles of water in port before boarding.  I've done other cruises so I understand the additional gratuity added on.  Their prices seem a little lower than other lines so even buying several waters and other drinks we won't even make it to half of the drink package price.  I would probably do it if I didn't have to pay for the kids too, but that extra money puts it in the no way will we use it category.

I've never heard it's only for online bookings, take your booking number and create and account with MSC.  look at your booking confirmation and/or price details, you should find something like "Water & Coffee in MDR" because if you book a European cruise from the US and don't take the All In drinks package inclusive rate, you therefore are most likely booked at the Escape to Sea rate.  This still offers the Mealtime Water & Coffee package in the MDR.  It's usually one liter glass bottles and they don't mind if you take them with you when you leave if that is a consideration.  They sometimes do have 1/2 liter plastic bottles available if you ask and water on the ship is available for refilling.

MINERAL WATER AND COFFEE IN DINING ROOM

COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLED MINERAL WATER, AMERICAN COFFEE AND/OR TEA DURING LUNCH AND DINNER IN MAIN DINING ROOM. RESERVED ONLY FOR THE GUESTS WHO HAVE BOOKED THE CRUISE THROUGH MSC-USA. VALID FOR ALL NON-CARIBBEAN CANVAS.

Otherwise there are the choices other posters mentioned.  MSC alcoholic drink prices are comparatively very reasonable to purchase by the drink.  Some ships used to offer a small bottled wine package on the ship, but I haven't seen that offered in a while.

ETA:  I just now saw your other post stating you are in a suite.  Can you elaborate on the exact cabin type as all suites except the Fantastica ones come with a drinks package.

Edited by Até

I'm going to log on now,  I usually don't start the online stuff until after final payment,ironically the thought never occurred to me to check on line to stateroom it would say. It says "s-2" as my cabin type and my afternoon number (not posting that one line).

We do have the water and coffee package for the dinning room!  I am so excited about having water!  My daughter only drinks water 99% of the time, so I was excited by this.  We do have the Fantastica package so we didn't have any drink package, as it was more than$1,000 to add it and we thought the only thing of value was the drink package.  I thought we would just being on bottles of water, but I read they don't allow that either so this will make sure we don't go thristy.