Hotel in Stockholm and transfers

I am flying in August 4th 2021 boarding a Holland America cruise  the next day at Frihamnen  cruise terminal. With a lot of luggage. I have been to Stockholm several times by cruise ship. So I need a recomdation for a hotel for 1 night something like a Marriott   it would be nice if they had a shuttle service airport to hotel or hotel to cruise terminal. 🙄lots of luggage taxi might be a pain. 

Thanks 

Marty 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

I am flying in August 4th 2021 boarding a Holland America cruise  the next day at Frihamnen  cruise terminal. With a lot of luggage. I have been to Stockholm several times by cruise ship. So I need a recomdation for a hotel for 1 night something like a Marriott   it would be nice if they had a shuttle service airport to hotel or hotel to cruise terminal. 🙄lots of luggage taxi might be a pain. 

Thanks 

Marty 

Hi, we are on the same cruise and flying in 2 days early so have been doing some checking on hotels also.  The best areas to stay in are listed as Gamla Stan, Sodermalm and Noormerm (? sp).  If I narrow it down I will pass on the info.

9 minutes ago, AlFrank said:

Hi, we are on the same cruise and flying in 2 days early so have been doing some checking on hotels also.  The best areas to stay in are listed as Gamla Stan, Sodermalm and Noormerm (? sp).  If I narrow it down I will pass on the info.

Thanks I have never did a inbarcation out of that Port been there many times.

Marty

martygottlieb13@gmail.com

5 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Thanks I have never did a inbarcation out of that Port been there many times.

Marty

martygottlieb13@gmail.com

Hi Marty

So far I have come up with a few hotels that are a possability.  There is a Sheritan in Gamla Stan but now I guess they are Marriott Bonvoy now.   Hotel Kung Carl, Hotel Reisen and Elite Hotel.   I was not able to get prices as dates available only go up to June, 2021.

See this post:

41 minutes ago, AlFrank said:

Hi Marty

So far I have come up with a few hotels that are a possability.  There is a Sheritan in Gamla Stan but now I guess they are Marriott Bonvoy now.   Hotel Kung Carl, Hotel Reisen and Elite Hotel.   I was not able to get prices as dates available only go up to June, 2021.

I've stayed at Elite Hotels Stockholm Plaza and at Kung Carl. Both are very nice hotels. When stayed at Kung Carl there was a big celebrity party going on so it wasn't that calm and it's also close to the party area Stureplan.

Sheraton is indeed part of the Marriot chain but is still called Sheraton Hotel Stockholm.

1 hour ago, AlFrank said:

Hi Marty

I am planning on using points from Chase ,so I will have to wait till August to book.

Have you done any work on transfers?

19 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

I am planning on using points from Chase ,so I will have to wait till August to book.

Have you done any work on transfers?

No, but there are 4 of us so we were thinking of just splitting a taxi, uber  or car for hire.   It's so far out will start to look into various options as time gets closer.

14 minutes ago, AlFrank said:

No, but there are 4 of us so we were thinking of just splitting a taxi, uber  or car for hire.   It's so far out will start to look into various options as time gets closer.

If we stay in the same hotel maybe we could rent a van ???

Or where is Holland America using as a hotel , and do a hotel to  ship transfer  I do that in Amsterdam and it cost about $35 PP

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away

On 6/8/2020 at 10:31 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

If we stay in the same hotel maybe we could rent a van ???

Or where is Holland America using as a hotel , and do a hotel to  ship transfer  I do that in Amsterdam and it cost about $35 PP

From what I have read in various posts, staying at a ship recommended hotel is much more expensive. 

I believe Gamla Stan to the ship is walkable but having suitcases would be a pain on the coblestones.  I walked it when I was on a previous cruise but wasn't wheeling suitcases

We have stayed in Stockholm several times, twice before starting cruises.    One of our favorite hotels is the Nordic C.  The entrance is about 50 meters from the Arlanda Express (the Stockholm-Airport direct train).  You catch the Arlanda Express at the lowest level of the airport, and it makes a non stop run to Stockholm.    When we cruise we use a large wheeled bag and a soft sided carryon.  No problem doing a bag drag to the hotel.  On departure day it is about a 15 minute cab ride to Frihamen.  If you are sharing a cab, which might not be a bad idea, we also like the Sheraton.  The Sheraton is closer to Gamla Stan than the Nordic.  Very central and very convenient to everything in the city center.