Cheers Question and more

Kosh III

It's been several years since we cruised on Carnival, so long in fact that we have stopped getting flyers and solicitations.  But now we are booked on Dream 5 day.  
Does Carnival occasionally do sales on Cheers?  

Also, it's a 5 night cruise. Will the formal night have lobster?  

TIA

We used to say that we have never seen a sale on Cheers; however, there was recently a discount code to receive an additional 10% of the pre-purchase of Cheers.  That has since expired.  The best deal on Cheers is still to pre-purchase it at the 10% discount.

There is no included lobster on elegant night on 5 day cruises; however, you will have the opportunity to purchase lobster in the MDR as a "steakhouse selection" for a $20 upcharge.

I've only seen Carnival do a sale on Cheers once in my life and that was this past Easter weekend, 10% or 20% off depending on when you were sailing. Seemed like a good deal for both ends, consumer got a great discount on something that has never been discounted before, and the company got some much needed cash flow. Hard to tell if it will ever go back on sale, unfortunately I didn't bite on the Cheers sale because I have $800 of OBC for my 2021 sailing so I have to wait till I'm on board to buy Cheers so I can use the OBC.

As far as complimentary lobster, not on a 5 day only 6+ day sailings. However as another member mentioned you can pay the $20 upcharge to get something off of the "Steakhouse Selection" menu. That $20 lobster is also about 20 times better than the complimentary lobster on formal night.