Transferring a 2021 booking to 2022?

sleepybobo

Hope everyone is well and healthy!

My next Viking cruise will be in May 2021. Although it’s still a year away, I am not confident that a covid19 vaccine will be available then. I’m not sure if I feel safe enough to fly and get on a cruise before 2022.

I’m wondering if anyone has any luck in postponing to 24 months out? Will the OBC be forfeited?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

21 minutes ago, sleepybobo said:

Hope everyone is well and healthy!

My next Viking cruise will be in May 2021. Although it’s still a year away, I am not confident that a covid19 vaccine will be available then. I’m not sure if I feel safe enough to fly and get on a cruise before 2022.

I’m wondering if anyone has any luck in postponing to 24 months out? Will the OBC be forfeited?

My experience in switching reservations from one cruise to another is that all deposits and insurance will be transferred to a  new cruise, but any "perks" associated with the first reservation will not be transferred to the second reservation.  The second reservation will stand alone.  I transferred a cruise from one year to another and although the original reservation included free airfare, the cruise that I transferred to did not, so I lost the free air.  It suited my purposes, so I still did it.

My TA is able to move my 2021 sailing to May 2022 and all the onboard booking and past guest discounts are carried over.

Bad news is final payment is due December of this year - 17 months before embarkation.

10 hours ago, sleepybobo said:

Bad news is final payment is due December of this year - 17 months before embarkation.

Your TA should be able to have that reduced to a more reasonable lead time.  When I booked a September 2021 cruise directly with Viking the final payment date was July 21 of this year.  When my TA took over the booking she was able to have that date changed to February 19, 2021.