Princess Cancelled but still shows in My Account?

vms

I'm wondering what others experiences are regarding cruises cancelled by Princess? Mine was for September 2020 Alaska on the Grand, and Princess cancelled it. I received the cancellation email, but when I log into my account on the website, I see it's still active: I could still make payments, book excursions, etc.

I had only put down a deposit, it wasn't time yet for final payment, so I know I'm waiting on a lot less money than most people, but I'm assuming they won't begin processing this refund until they actually cancel my booking in their system.

If you had a cruise cancelled but hadn't hit final payment yet, what has been your experience?

Thanks!

I just went into my personalizer to see if ours for Aug. 8th on the Golden has not been removed yet.

What did change was the final payment date from May to June.

I really which they would update all those that have been cancelled so we don't assume its still on.

Like you, I only had a FCD deposit applied to the booking.

I am thinking that they are working on the cruises that were earlier before they get to ours.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vms said:

I'm wondering what others experiences are regarding cruises cancelled by Princess? Mine was for September 2020 Alaska on the Grand, and Princess cancelled it. I received the cancellation email, but when I log into my account on the website, I see it's still active: I could still make payments, book excursions, etc.

I had only put down a deposit, it wasn't time yet for final payment, so I know I'm waiting on a lot less money than most people, but I'm assuming they won't begin processing this refund until they actually cancel my booking in their system.

If you had a cruise cancelled but hadn't hit final payment yet, what has been your experience?

Thanks!

Good question!  I also have one of these and am interested in how they are going to handle this.  Of note, I have a few sailings that have been canceled in the last couple of months.  The cruises that were canceled by Princess have remained under my personalizer until the sail date has passed, even though on a couple of them, I've made my final payment.  So, I'd expect that to show under your upcoming cruises until the sail date or they fix the system.  

I also have a message for my PVP to call me back regarding an unrelated issue.  I will ask about this and report back if I learn anything.  I will question if I need to actually cancel the booking in their system with the option #1 or #2 or if it will just automatically be refunded without those options.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Of note, I have a few sailings that have been canceled in the last couple of months.  The cruises that were canceled by Princess have remained under my personalizer until the sail date has passed, even though on a couple of them, I've made my final payment.  So, I'd expect that to show under your upcoming cruises until the sail date or they fix the system. 

Oh- that is helpful to know. I keep checking every day to see if it's been cancelled yet, but now I think I'll just relax.

Thanks for passing on anything else you learn. I'm not in a huge hurry to get my money back, but I would like it back someday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vms said:

Oh- that is helpful to know. I keep checking every day to see if it's been cancelled yet, but now I think I'll just relax.

Thanks for passing on anything else you learn. I'm not in a huge hurry to get my money back, but I would like it back someday.

So, my PVP down at Princess had one of her colleagues call me back.  The refunds for your deposit is along with others in the queue even though you haven't made your final payment.  If you paid with a Future Cruise Deposit, it should go back into your captain's circle account.  If not, it will be refunded to the original form of payment.  To be on the safe side, I'd go into that account and choose option #2 ... just to make sure you get cash back instead of FCCs.  He told me mine was in process for a refund although, I never did go in and choose an option as, like yours, my cruise wasn't within the final payment period as all of those others.  

• Like 1