Will passengers be allowed to re-enter the US from future cruises?

rattanchair

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Federal law trumps state and local.  US Citizens with proof of citizenship cannot be denied re-entry into the US at the border.

US officials notified passengers aboard the Diamond Princess that they would be denied re-entry "until you are no longer at risk of spreading infection during travel."

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder how this will work out

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5301/?et_cid=3327335&et_rid=208721925&et_referrer=cc_shoptiques_contest_aug2016

Good to see they are addressing the self serve buffet issue  👍

In more than 30 years of cruising on about 10 different cruise lines with perhaps 70 or more cruises in total, the only time I've gotten sick on a ship was on an Oceania cruise that had a large noro outbreak. I've never been on another ship that had an outbreak. As you well know, you are served by crew in the Oceania buffet. After we were released from three days of quarantine, a crew member who served me almost every day at breakfast told me she had gotten sick just before I did. 

Yes, I've seen horrifying behavior by passengers at self service buffets, but having crew serve you at the buffet is not a surefire way to prevent disease outbreaks. Crew can get ill and spread disease themselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

as I   said just have cruises for US citizens  embarking/disembarking in the USA  only  😷

This new Order would probably include 'trips to no-where'. Page 5 "The director of the CDC finds that cruise ship travel exacerbates the global spread of Covid.... and has not been controlled sufficiently by the cruise ship industry...cruise ship travel increases the risk and impact of Covid outbreak within the US. If unrestricted cruise ship passenger operations were permitted to resume, infected and exposed cases would divert medical resources ..."  "The Director also finds evidence to support a reasonable belief that cruise ships are or may be infected or contaminated with a quarantinable communicable disease."

It appears this Order might be extended past 100 days ("If permitted to continue").

Times are a changing..

• Thanks 1

The question still remains. Will any passengers be allowed to re-enter should they be found infected when cruising begins again? There is a second wave predicted for this fall.

P.S. Caveat emptor...

Edited by rattanchair
P.S.