Upgrade Cabin with FCC

bee-ess

Does anyone know what the rules are for upgrading cabin with FCC are.

Can you simply upgrade within a cabin type, say HB to HA or does it have to be a different cabin type such as balcony to superior balcony.

I am assuming that if you do this that you get the currently advertised  obc rather than the obc you currently have.

I have never upgraded cabins.

Edited by bee-ess

53 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Does anyone know what the rules are for upgrading cabin with FCC are.

Can you simply upgrade within a cabin type, say HB to HA or does it have to be a different cabin type such as balcony to superior balcony.

I am assuming that if you do this that you get the currently advertised  obc rather than the obc you currently have.

I have never upgraded cabins.

I don’t know for certain but, on the basis that P&O considers an ‘upgrade’ to be, for example, HB to HA, it would seem reasonable to assume that the same logic must apply to upgrading using FCC. If you upgrade under normal rules, you get the price and OBC that was in place at the time you made your original booking so, again, I would assume that the same rules apply to using FCC to upgrade? As I say, I don’t know for certain but would assume that to be the case. 

Have to say that I’m quite surprised that P&O has allowed this option. I think that in a post Covid-19 / cruise ship cabin isolation world, inside cabins are going to be very unpopular and many persisting with existing bookings with inside cabins would have been quite likely to have upgraded under their own steam (and at their own cost) anyway. I would think that this policy will generate a lot of inside cabins that will be difficult to sell. Of course, the logic of it could well be that they are planning on resuming cruises at some stage with a slightly lower passenger capacity than usual, in which case they will want those passengers who are on board to be in the more expensive cabins to lessen the impact on profitability. That being said, I think that until we are all vaccinated a cruise ship will be a very high risk environment, even with half the normal levels of passengers. 

Our summer cruise was cancelled this week and as we had paid in full we had a FCC of 125%.

We have rebooked for next August on a completely different ship and paid a little extra to upgrade from an inside to a balcony cabin. We have also got the increased OBC associated with a balcony cabin.

I hope that helps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TPers said:

Our summer cruise was cancelled this week and as we had paid in full we had a FCC of 125%.

We have rebooked for next August on a completely different ship and paid a little extra to upgrade from an inside to a balcony cabin. We have also got the increased OBC associated with a balcony cabin.

I hope that helps?

Very wise move to upgrade to a balcony. You won’t regret it as it completely transforms a cruise. We wouldn’t cruise without one now, even though we don’t spend much time on the balcony. The floor to ceiling constantly changing panoramic view is magical and you are able to pop out when something interesting catches your eye. However, the OP’s query relates to moving from, say, one grade of balcony cabin to another grade of balcony cabin, rather than (as you have done) changing cabin type. P&O considers that to be an ‘upgrade’ even though it’s an identical cabin, just in a different location on the ship.

We’ve never had a balcony before but managed to get one on Azura C deck which I am told is larger than normal.

It gives us something good to look forward to during lockdown! 🙂

On 4/25/2020 at 6:33 PM, TPers said:

We’ve never had a balcony before but managed to get one on Azura C deck which I am told is larger than normal.

It gives us something good to look forward to during lockdown! 🙂

Yes they are great. The trouble is we booked our first balcony for a special occasion. Now we need one all the time!

Enjoy it.