Worried the solution might cause greater harm than the problem

CroozFanatic

2 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

A fine system so long as the cruise line isn't involved in a deception conspiracy.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/cruise-line-ordered-pay-40-million-illegal-dumping-oil-contaminated-waste-and-falsifying

In fairness to the cruise industry, I've never thought during any of our 10 cruises that we'd been served tainted food nor exposed to chemical hazards onboard (they were always scrupulous about warning in advance when window washers would be working & balcony doors had to be closed.)

Nevertheless, the industry's track record on environmental regulation is atrocious. Would I trust a cash-starving corporation to keep passengers' long-term health as its top concern when ordering a new generation of anti-COVID decontamination supplies for application between cruises?  That's a question each cruiser would answer  for themselves ... probably wouldn't be a game-changer for me, but the OP surely raised a legitimate question. It's unfortunate that so few people offered constructive responses.

Yeah.....that was a Carnival/Princess thing.  I’ve been on more than a few “Behind the Scenes” tours with NCL.  They were impeccably clean and fastidious about cleanliness in general.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 6:53 AM, roger001 said:

I did see a news article today where Lysol is advising us to NOT inject their germ disinfecting solutions.  So, guess that option is off the NCL list of preventive measures.   

Just too many people afraid of needles, including children (who can by symptom free carriers), for that option to be a reasonable, level headed solution.  A more subtle, scientific and low key approach would be to make all ice on the ship from a mixture of 80% water / 20% Lysol.  Problem solved.  Now if Lysol would just cooperate in this endeavor and create flavored Lysol...oops, wait a minute, I've said too much and gave away my Shark Tank idea. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah.....that was a Carnival/Princess thing.  I’ve been on more than a few “Behind the Scenes” tours with NCL.  They were impeccably clean and fastidious about cleanliness in general.

Agree 100%, especially when compared to land based hotels and restaurants. You could eat off the floor of many NCL galleys, though not clear why you'd want to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BelowDeck4us said:

Just too many people afraid of needles, including children (who can by symptom free carriers), for that option to be a reasonable, level headed solution.  A more subtle, scientific and low key approach would be to make all ice on the ship from a mixture of 80% water / 20% Lysol.  Problem solved.  Now if Lysol would just cooperate in this endeavor and create flavored Lysol...oops, wait a minute, I've said too much and gave away my Shark Tank idea. 😉

Not gonna happen!

On 4/25/2020 at 4:55 AM, CroozFanatic said:

I never trusted cruise ship employees spraying some chemical concoction on my hands when I boarded the ship. I can only imagine what the cruise industry will employ in order to resume operations. And who will police what chemicals and procedures they use to 'sanitize' their ships? Exactly...themselves.

Then  you musts not trust anything they're doing to your food and drinks either.  Who knows what they could be puttin  in there too, right ?    LOL

• Like 1