Celebration leaves the fleet.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, oscarshep said:

That`s disturbing news as I am (was!) booked to go on Celebration April 2021. We haven`t been informed of this officially by Marella. Has anyone else ?

Assuming this news to be true though does anyone know what usually happens in this situation ? Is there even a precedent ?

I have already paid in full, amended booking from my cancelled April 2020 cruise.

I had an email regarding my booking on the Celebration on Wednesday 10th June 2020, but I had read about the ship coming out of service on the 29th April 2020, but it was not clear when it was coming out of service.

i had already contacted Marella cruises to book my cabin on the 16th April 2020, after moving our sailing date to 2021, three phone calls over 45 mins the first call was to rebook 2nd call to book cabin not put on my confirmation and final 3rd call all correct.

Then Thursday after getting the email with booking reference but no new cabin number I phoned again 34 minutes this time, had a problem understanding the person that took my call, gave up and phoned again in the afternoon still somebody I struggled to understand but in the end after holding on while the lady checked things with her manager, she said she would email my correct confirmation and phone me back 20 minutes later or the next day nothing !!

so Friday I tried again only 17minutes wait !!, I said to the lady would you like my booking reference like I had on my other calls, no she wanted to know my query!

i said I think you should take my booking reference to look at the history of my call, again I had trouble understanding the lady, I asked if I could speak to the person who answered my call before she said there is no name on your confirmation so I said that is one of the things the lady said she would email my confirmation but I have not received, also she was going to phone me back after she had asked her Manager two questions about my new booking, she asked me what the questions were, at this point her tone changed as I said the questions were the ladies not mine so I don’t know, at this point I said to her that is the trouble with call centres people don’t put notes on properly and people don’t look back and read the notes. She said well I can’t help you but I will email you your confirmation again no email !!

The reason I wanted to book my cabin on the new ship is because people would of already booked cruises on the ship and anyone from the Celebration would have a limited choice which I had my third choice !!

so I suggest anyone who has had the email and wants a certain cabin to contact Marella cruises on 0203 4512682 even if you have not received an email get in touch.

Its not the customers fault they took the ship out of service when they are dealing with the virus customers problems

i have booked holidays and cruises with Thomson over the past 46 years, 

this is the worst service I have entailed. What makes it harder is the fact I could not understand what was said and I kept having to say sorry can you repeat that which I could tell they were not happy with.

So Monday I will be back on the phone as the booking reference is not on my Booking, so have a got the cruise or not.

1 hour ago, plumstead said:

contact Marella cruises on 0203 4512682 even if

Hi Plumstead try 0203 451 2868 still have to wait but only ten mins or so and you get through to a Tui shop, well I have the last three times, and they have called back as promised and you can understand them. Good luck 🤞 

It will be sad to see her go as she was my first ship. I got bored so did a seven nightery to Norway from Harwich and was hooked. She is still drifting east of Malta, I wonder if they are worried about the wave height, currently about 8 inches 😬

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi Plumstead try 0203 451 2868 still have to wait but only ten mins or so and you get through to a Tui shop, well I have the last three times, and they have called back as promised and you can understand them. Good luck 🤞 

Thank you but 02034512688 is the number I have used the most found 02034512682 on the email saying change of ship.

But I will try on Monday.