Its 05/07/2020 Where is the refund form???

tgloersen

1 minute ago, tgloersen said:

Thanks for the link, but where on NCL's web-page did you find it?  According to my instructions the link was supposed to be listed on there cancellation info page but is not there so far?

I created a calendar reminder for today when they announced it with the refund link. It was linked at that time.

It has been updated with the new dates.

Finally got the link from the cancellation email they sent me to work. Now just have 90 days to wait! My favorite was when it asks if you’re sure you want to proceed! Um yes, I would like my 7000 dollars back thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

*WARNING* As of 13:30hrs... The Link that has just appeared on the UK site for a refund actually connects to "Suspended Sailings – Request to Keep My Future Cruise Credits" "This form can only be used if you are removing the request for a refund for all individuals on a reservation".. And not the refund links posted above.

Edited by Stevio

5 minutes ago, Stevio said:

*WARNING* As of 13:30hrs... The Link that has just appeared on the UK site for a refund actually connects to "Suspended Sailings – Request to Keep My Future Cruise Credits" peace of mind page. and not the refund links posted above.

EXACTLY!!!  I accidentally filled out that form and then hit submit before realizing it was not a refund form (even though the NCL page said it was).  I have since then filled out the proper cancellation form.  Hopefully I don't get dinged for that error.  I have an email submitted to my NCL customer service rep to verify.

Well, it seems that NCL is playing games with the links and what it has previously stated would happen.  (No surprise!)  They are making it difficult to find that refund form.  As of right now (shortly prior to 9:00am Eastern, US) the page that says "it will be posted on this page on May 7th" has no reference to the form.  (Yes...have refreshed the screen MANY times.)

Anyway, the important point is that the link posted by MechE31 in post #2 DOES work.  I was able to successfully access the link, fill it out, submit and get a confirmation email that it had been received.  Now...who wants to make any bets that we will *ever* see any of these refunds given the latest news of the past day or so? (That NCL "has doubts of being a going concern")

OK...the main page NOW has a link to the refund page...however it seems to be a different form than the one linked to by MechE31.  It may very well accomplish the same goal...but it is very disconcerting that there would be different "paths" to a refund form.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
Clarification
  • Haha 1

Be careful the link currently on the page asks to rescind your refund and go back to future cruise credits.  The current link is wrong.  

The peace of mind link above is correct.

image.thumb.png.17561730fc48b9d123c2488dce1d74b0.png

WARNING!!!: Their covid page finally says click here for "Refund Form", BUT it is a SCAM!

Read it carefully. The form that comes up actually says I do not want a cash refund, I want my future cruise credit.

No thanks, I want my $11k back please.

Tried calling them. On hold for 15 minutes then was disconnected. Good luck everyone.

Thank you for the help. What NCL did was highly deceptive. On one page, it says "click here for the refund form" BUT that link takes you to a page that says you relinquish your rights to a refund.

Frankly, if they offered me 200%, I might have bit, but 125% is ridiculous. These cruise companies may declare bankruptcy. The risk-reward isn't there.

But no wonder why no one is bailing out the cruise industry, considering how third-world their financial practices are.

This is so strange.  I used the link to cancel for the lesser amount and it took me to a customer service page.  I filled it out but it did not say cancellation page.  It was more of a comment page.  It had a place for comments so I typed in request for refund.  I waited and did not get an automated response like I did for may April cruise, so I came to CC boards to see what everyone else did.  Seems like everyone got different links???  I used the link offered on this page and got the same page that I got in April and put in my cancellation.  I really hope these are human errors and not trickery.  

Good news for the UK... As of 14:00 NCL has sorted out their link and now goes to an honest to goodness refund form which we have filled out.

As I write this the wife has just shown me 4 identical E-Mails confirming that my request has been submitted successfully (please allow 90 days etc) all sent at 14:09hrs. So I guess that they have received it.

Edited by Stevio

1 hour ago, California Dreamer said:

The web link does not seem to come up using Google Chrome as your web browser but using Microsoft Windows Explorer or Microsoft Edge browser - the form does come up. Go Figure (also Apple Safari browser works if you are using Apple products)

This solved my access issues!  Used Microsoft edge and form came up to complete without issues, so don't use Chrome.