Successful chargeback - AMEX story

mnsweeps

I paid using 2 credit cards. One was Amex and the other was Chase Visa.

AMEX gave me temporary credit on Mar 21 and made it permanent yesterday May 6. Still waiting to hear from Chase (Visa).

Dispute Received Mar 20, 2020

Resolution Date May 6, 2020
Ref. No. D-XXXXXXXXX
Dispute Reason

Cancelled / Returned / Refused Delivery for Goods or Services / Expected credit not received

Status Detail

As a result of our investigation, we have credited your account. This adjustment can be found on an upcoming statement.

• Like 1

I too cancelled a cruise a couple weeks ago and was told by NCL 90 days refund.

I called Amex yesterday and they are pursuing NCL in the meantime they told me I didn't have to pay the amt on statement at this time.

• Like 1

I’ve also filed a dispute with my BOA NCL CC.    I should be on my Alaska cruise right now.  Depart may2.  
Dont want FCC and it’s been 28 days since I filed my refund.  They adjusted my CC balance back to 0 already.  
rather be in the ship right now sitting on my balcony relaxing watching ice float by.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just today Chase VISA made my dispute credit permanent. AMEX had done the same a few weeks back. But NCL still hasn't responded to either the credit cards or myself. Unbelievable, how a company can steal in daylight and not be held accountable and I had to get all my money back using my credit card companies.

I did a charge back through a Chase Visa on May 6. There were 2 parts, my deposit of $100 from January 2019 and the final payment of about $4000 in February 2020. I got a credit for both the next day. They made the $100 permanent earlier this week, still waiting on the $4000.