Kantishna Air/bus tour

cat shepard

I am hoping someone who has taken the Kantishna Air combo air/bus tour in Denali NP can tell me how close to Denali - the mountain, does the flight take you?

I found a great review of the bus portion, but my search for a review of the flight turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Ann

On 5/14/2020 at 4:45 PM, cat shepard said:

I am hoping someone who has taken the Kantishna Air combo air/bus tour in Denali NP can tell me how close to Denali - the mountain, does the flight take you?

I found a great review of the bus portion, but my search for a review of the flight turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Ann

It isn't a fixed distance and only one route.   In my opinion.  Kantishna is very worthwhile to STAY at.  I'm no fan of day trips.  It's all private and the benefit is the ability to take advantage of the various activities.    

I'd suggest look at each option-  separately.   IF Kantishna is your interest,  them look at what each lodge can offer you.   IF your priority is a flight-  then be educated about  that option.    With Denali   MY priority is a summit flight,  which you won't get with-  "transportation".    So,  I  have multiple times flown that route.   I've done all the routes,  but there's nothing more spectacular for my preferences.