Porthole cabin on Paradise?

SOUNDSGOOD!

Anyone have experience with a porthole cabin on this class?   it was the same price as an inside.  Is the room shaped add because of its location?    Can you actually see out the window?

I have cabin R12  booked..

thanks!

I love portholes! They are a great value for the price of an inside. You can see out of the windows, however is a much smaller view than an oceanview cabin. There is also room to put things on the ledge in front of the portholes! They are set up like an oceanview, so typically a bit larger than an inside cabin. 

The downsides to having one are definitely the fact that its at the very front of the ship. It's not a big issue, but it can be a pain depending on where you're going. 

• Like 1

We like them a lot.  It kinda feels bigger due to the large ledge where the port holes are. 
It is in the front of the ship and it can get loud coming in and out of port. 
 But we feel they are a great value and usually book these cabins 

I’ve done them twice. R2 and E10. R2 was a bigger stateroom, but the view out of the portholes was not very good. Like 2 tunnels. We also had considerably more vibration and noise there (don’t know if it’s because we had a choppier ride on that particular sailing or because of cabin location, farther down and closer to the water). 

E10 was smaller than R2 (but still about the same size as a standard ocean view). The view from the portholes was better (no tunnels). Another plus about E10 was being on Empress deck and a few doors down from the atrium and lobby bar. If I had to pick, I’d choose E10 over R2.

Overall, I considered these porthole staterooms to be an upgrade over an inside cabin. I’d definitely do it again. 

We love these rooms and always try to get one. They can be a little noisy in arriving in port but we use it as an alarm clock to get going. Also easier to get on and off ship on port days, don't have to wait for elevators.

I love them.....we always pick them over an inside when the price difference is negligible.  We were in r18 last time on the Paradise.

Edited by ray98

Always try to get one on the Fantasy Class ships. Have to book early though, as they're usually gone in no time. The long walk to almost everything except the main showroom is their only negative, although debarkation is a cinch. 🙂

We love the porthole rooms.  The only drawback I have experienced on the Paradise when our porthole is on the 7th floor, it seems to be a major walk-thru for the staff.  Sometimes they aren't completely quiet about it.  On the other hand, we've had some fun conversations with them as well.  

I agree with the other posts, the porthole cabins are a great bargain!

The cabin to look for is M11. I have had several on the Paradise and other Fantasy class ships. Due to the shape of the bow, the M11 cabin is actually quite a bit larger. Psst........keep this a secret!
lol

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great replies!   The "ledge" looks interesting,, not in love with the RED accents in the room!

fortunately, this is a Roatan / Cozumel cruise, that gets into port at 11 am, so no early morning anchors!