juneau 4 boats in port

gbeer424

i just checked the port schedules during our cruise (statendam may 19 northbound) and on the 23rd we are one of 4 boats to be in port in juneau that day. all at the same time. any idea what kind of impact this has on excursions etc. sounds like a lot of cruise pax at once??

Like BQ said just have your excursions reserved ahead of time and you will not have a problem. I have also seen 5-7 ships in port. Alaska has become extremely popular and is more so in the coming years.

marilyn

i feel lucky because the day were in ketchikan were the only boat in port all day so when i saw 4 in juneau i got nervous

as usual the board comes to the rescue. thanks to both of you. trips will be booked in advance. thanks again!!

We were on the southbound Statendam a couple of years ago and we had 6 ships in Juneau! The only problem is if you are one of the later ones, you might have to tender in or get to the shops etc after the earlier ships are aleady there. But then, some of them are leaving by early afternoon. On our last trip, our time in Juneau was backed up from 10 to 12 noon and we actually arrive about 2:30 or so. Talk about scrambling with tours!!! Thank goodness, Orca Enterprises and Capt Larry were on top of it and move their tours around to accommodate all of us on the crippled Summit at a later time.

As BQ as others said, book your tours in advance and get out of town to see some real Alaska.

I know that there is a website that lists all of the ports and the ships that are coming in day by day. Did you use that website to find out which ships come in when and if so what is it, or did you use another site for your information.:confused:

You also need to take into account that the list includes tour boats (Cruise West, Clipper, Linblad, etc.) that have 25-130 passengers on board - a negligible amount compared to a single cruise ship. You can have 6 boats in port and have fewer passengers than on days when 3 boats are in port.

Archived