Britannia or Azura for a 14 night Caribbean Cruise ?

billsat

21 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I am not sure who else I could blame really.

Well, you blame the customer services team, which switch from ship to ship, so your poor experience could just as easily happen on Britannia, Ventura etc on your next cruise. 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, you blame the customer services team, which switch from ship to ship, so your poor experience could just as easily happen on Britannia, Ventura etc on your next cruise. 

I couldn't agree more but it never has happened on the other ships.

I have just given my observations on Azura compared with Britannia and have to say that I much preferred Britannia and didn't encounter any untoward issues with any aspect of the cruises I took on her.

14 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I couldn't agree more but it never has happened on the other ships.

I have just given my observations on Azura compared with Britannia and have to say that I much preferred Britannia and didn't encounter any untoward issues with any aspect of the cruises I took on her.

How many Azura cruises is your observation based on?  Although we prefer Ventura of P&Os 2 Grand class ships, that is down to the decor and covered pool, rather than service standards, which can, do and will vary as Captains and crew, especially the head chef, change. 

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

How many Azura cruises is your observation based on?

A couple of times but things weren't helped as it wasn't the sort of weather where you wanted to be out on deck a lot, which lead to a problem with crowding in public areas and queues for Costa in the atrium.

The decor was really shabby on both occasions with groves cut into the carpet where chairs had been moved.

The TVs in Azura cabins couldn't, in my opinion, have been much smaller or put in a much worse position compared with Britannia and I didn't go much on the outside cinema.

Nothing about Azura convinced me and my wife that we would use her again until we stumbled across the cruise scheduled for 19th April 2020 immediately after her refit. What could possibly go wrong we thought.............................................

1 hour ago, Pine Man said:

A couple of times but things weren't helped as it wasn't the sort of weather where you wanted to be out on deck a lot, which lead to a problem with crowding in public areas and queues for Costa in the atrium.

The decor was really shabby on both occasions with groves cut into the carpet where chairs had been moved.

The TVs in Azura cabins couldn't, in my opinion, have been much smaller or put in a much worse position compared with Britannia and I didn't go much on the outside cinema.

Nothing about Azura convinced me and my wife that we would use her again until we stumbled across the cruise scheduled for 19th April 2020 immediately after her refit. What could possibly go wrong we thought.............................................

I agree the TVs on both Azura and Ventura are rubbish, P&O promised new larger TVs across the fleet many years ago, but stopped after Arcadia had them installed. However Aurora had new larger TVs installed last year, but after Covid19 the coffers may be empty for some years.

As regards the shabby decor, your perception was obviously affected by the poor weather and too many people crammed inside. If you had cruised on Ventura, which is very similar to Azura, I imagine you would have felt the same way about her as well.

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

your perception was obviously affected by the poor weather and too many people crammed inside. If you had cruised on Ventura, which is very similar to Azura, I imagine you would have felt the same way about her as well.

Not wishing to draw out this debate but poor weather would not have had the same effect on Ventura, and it certainly hasn't in my experience, due to the covered pool area, which is not weather reliant. Sister ships  they may be but with a significant difference.

It`s very kind of everyone who replied for your thoughts and opinions. As my children will still be too young to have their own cabin I feel that the Azura with a superior deluxe balcony and its larger balcony area ( compared to Britannia`s balcony ) comes across as a better option and monies saved can go towards extra excursions / drinks etc ! 

Thank you for your time