Significant TUI development

Just received email from TUI to confirm full refund of package holiday cost to the credit card used.

I checked CC account online - no funds on it as yet,  no doubt it'll appear sometime today.

The holiday was cancelled by TUI on 29th April, I received the heads up credit refund advice email on 21st May (the day we should have flown out) with the required code following the next day - and duly submitted on 22nd May.

Now 14 days since the above online claim - right down to the wire if the timescale promise within the Travel Regulations 2018 is in effect.

I hate to think where we would have been if the application procedures were still dependent on 'phoning in.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, Pensioncruiser said:

Still waiting for ours, they say they only have three outstanding for in store booking and ours is one of them🙄 they are calling back on Monday🤞and will escalate up to management if nothing has been resolved. 

Hope you won't have to wait too long Pensioncruiser and all is to your satisfaction.

6 minutes ago, nancyneptune said:

Hope you won't have to wait too long Pensioncruiser and all is to your satisfaction.

Thanks for your thoughts the good news is that they did call back today with an update, that's the third time from the same person who has been tasked with sorting me out🙄. Next callback is Friday, or before if any news. 

On 5/25/2020 at 8:44 AM, WeeCountyMan said:

I have a shop made booking for later in the year and not confident it will go ahead, even although it's a few months away.

If it's cancelled and shops are not re-opened, and reservations made there not included in the refund process, that will simply extend the ongoing telephone contact problem.

When shops do re-open they will be inundated with less than satisfied customers - and the staff will take the flak for TUI's chaotic handling of the situation.

Hi we were booked to cruise on Discovery Sept 19th ,had an email cancelling it ,last week ,only paid deposit  balance was due on 29th June ,we were a shop booking ,waiting  for refund code .

28 minutes ago, busby said:

Do you get Martin Lewis's weekly MSE newsletter ?

Item today about shop booking refund problem compared to online reservations in some circumstances - an administrative issue.

I'll flag it up if you want.

My credit code turned up yesterday and I immediately applied for a refund, process worked no problem. Was told the refund could take up to 28 days as expected.

However unexpectidly today TUI refunded £150 to my debit card (which was the deposit), now waiting to see if the rest of the balance will be refunded as quick to the credit card.

Our Baltic's cruise from Newcastle in May was cancelled.

I eventually got through on the phone on 14th May to request a full refund of over £4100.  The young lady (who was very pleasant) processing the refund request said it would take up to 28 days for the refund to be credited back to our bank account.

We received the full refund back into our account on 25th June, 2 weeks after the 28 day period had expired.

We are not planning any new cruises with any of the cruise lines any time soon and are grateful we managed to complete our Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore cruise on NCL Jade in February before lockdown started !!!

🛳️