Sovereign or Majesty Help!

lindajmac

I am trying to convince my sister cruising is the only way to go...She now says she will give it a try but only a 3 night cruise! I have only done 7 night cruises, so I don't know what ship would be better the Sovereign of the Seas or the Majesty of the Seas? Would you please give me some suggestions on either of these two ships.

Thanks!

Linda

Linda --

My first cruise was a 4 night on the Majesty b/c I was afraid I wouldn't like cruising & would be sea sick the wholel time. I don't blame your sister. With your encouragement, she just needs a little "taste" to get hooked.:D

I have not sailed on the Sovereign but understand that the ships are similar. Which is closer to you or for which can you get cheaper airfare? I haev heard that SOS gets a few more kids b/c of its proximity to Disney. On the plus side, it recently came out of dry dock / make over.

Hope that helped a little.

Trish

I am not familiar with Majesty, but have heard since Sovereign has been refurbished last year that it is a great cruise out of Port Canaveral. Depends on where you want to go out of and what the itinerary is. She will be hooked I am sure.

We have been on Sovereign but not on Majesty. We were on her both before the refurb and after. The ship is very nice and you cannot go wrong. A strong suggestion is to try to get her on a four day instead of a three day. A three day is just too short to accomodate everything you would want to subject her to. Another suggestion is to go when the weather is almost guaranteed to be nice so she can go to CocoCay. To us, that is the highlight of that particular cruise.

Tim & Crystal

Ship wise - I think its a toss up.

Keep these things in mind:

Its easier (and cheaper) getting from the airport to the port in Miami.

But.

Depending on where you are from, you may find lower air fare into Orlando.

The Majesty is in Nassau one day and CoCo Cay the

next - both 8AM - 5PM (You have evenings on the ship

with everything open.

The Sovereign visits the same ports but it arrives in Nassau at 11AM and leaves at 3AM - and while in port that evening there is not as much to do on the ship. Unless you want to experience the Nassau night life.

I did the Majesty with my sister that had never cruised. Agree with Mike, Miami is easy as pie to get to the port from the airport. We arranged flights about the same time so met there then grabbed a cab. Cost might be higher flying into Miami but what is your increase in cost getting to the port for the Sovereign, also sorry but transfers are never any fun. Both ships are basically equal, just look at the ports as Mike pointed out Nassau into the wee hours is not for us.

Been watching the girls cruise on Good Morning America this week. I think I need to start the tradition with my daughter.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We did the 3 night Majesty last year, and are doing it again next month. Been on the bigger ships for 7 nighters. The Majesty was great for a quick getaway. The ship is older, but it was fine, and we had a great time. One word of advice... the cabins are very small. Not much room for luggage. Pack light because there is not much room.

I am trying to convince my sister cruising is the only way to go...She now says she will give it a try but only a 3 night cruise! I have only done 7 night cruises, so I don't know what ship would be better the Sovereign of the Seas or the Majesty of the Seas? Would you please give me some suggestions on either of these two ships.

Thanks!

Linda

I'd do Sovereign, and I am booked for May. It's just a nicer ship in my mind. It was just recently refit, so it's in great shape.

IMHO I'd choose the Majesty. Much better crew! Easier to get from airport to ship. On the 4-day, better itinerary. My worst cruise was on the Sovereign, and some of my best have been on the Majesty.

I agree with the others - try and talk her into 4 nights instead of 3. On a 3 nighter, once you get unpacked and settled in it's time to pack back up and leave.

Never been on the Majesty. Really enjoyed the Sovereign. An earlier poster said they enjoyed the crew on the Majesty. Must have been a "super crew" because the Sovereign crew was great.

I believe 3 day cruises on both ships leave on Friday... 4 day cruises leave on Monday. I prefer the 3 day cruise because it's a nice relaxing long weekend. If I have to take Monday thru Friday off anyway for a 4 day cruise, I would opt for a 7 day cruise.

We've taken 3 cruises from Port Canaveral. We live in the Atlanta area and it's about a 6.5 hour drive to get to the cruise terminal.

Also, as another poster mentioned... pack light. The cabins on these ships are tiny.

Tim

Archived