Article: Coronavirus: Ponant on the front line for resuming cruises

AussieBoyTX

I thought this was worth a new thread. Highlights: 

Ponant is mobilizing to develop protocols for welcoming passengers in optimal safety conditions. Its objective is also to keep the pleasure of cruising with local cruises.

- They [the crew] are now trained in Covid-19 with the possibility of screening tests.

- Ponant has also developed a "Covid free" protocol with the Battalion of Marine Firefighters in Marseille . An ultra-violet control system makes it possible to test and verify each boat.

- A prior Covid test will be compulsory for each passenger before boarding, taking the temperature during the first access and when returning to each stop in a disinfection tunnel.

"The objective, according to Hervé Bellaiche, the Deputy General Manager of Ponant, is the desire to create a real watertight sanitary bubble for passengers and crews."

- No more paper menus, but a menu to choose from on your smartphone via a dedicated application. In the restaurant, buffets would no longer be offered.

- For excursions, local operators will also have to respond to strict compliance with all new measures.

"In order to restart its activity as quickly as possible, Ponant could offer new routes in the coming weeks. The Marseilles company is working on a range of local cruises, in Europe and even in France (the Mediterranean ports from Menton to Perpignan via Corsica, or those on the Atlantic coast)."

In French: Coronavirus: Ponant on the front line for resuming cruises

• Thanks 1

Fr: "Un test préalable Covid sera obligatoire pour chaque passager avant de monter à bord,"

Berlitz did not include this phrase during my classes, so I am not sure if this means that passengers must have had a covid-19 test prior to coming to board the ship, tests will be administered at boarding, or there will be some new test.  I could not find this information on the Ponant website so I am unsure of what is happening. 

4 hours ago, resistk said:

"A prior Covid test will be compulsory for each passenger before boarding" 

Those test are running up to 50% false results.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/health/antibody-tests-cdc-coronavirus-wrong/index.html

According to our physician and based on CDC reports, the antibody tests currently available are not sufficiently refined to gauge the volume of molecules necessary to provide a reliable result.  Hence the 50% error rate.

They expect new, improved tests to be available within the next few weeks.