wheelchair limitations on tours

KLMB

I am traveling with parents on RCCL out of San Juan. We would like to take 3 hour island tours at St Thomas, St Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. My dad has Parkinsons, he can walk and do stairs for a bus, but we would take a collasible wheelchair for him. Has any one been on these bus tours offered by RCCL. Traveling March 11.

Welcome aboard our sailing. Come join our roll call (see the link in my signature). I can't speak to wheelchair accessible excursions but there is one person who has done this itinerary before who might know something, although I can't guarantee it.

You might post this question on the Disabled Cruisers board in the Special Interest cruising section. You might also post this question on the Royal Caribbean board.

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing you in a month!

We have stopped taking ship excursions both because my husband can no longer board a bus and we prefer hring taxis for a more psersonal tour. However, when we did talke ship tours, we never had any issues with their storing his collapsible wheelchair in the cargo area. To be sure, I would check with the RCCL Special needs desk, and also verify it with the shore excursion desk aboard ship.

You might also want to post this on the disabled board to get more recent information.

Archived