Credit - Reservation Through RCCL or TA

I’m seeing some wild inconsistencies regarding the length of time credits are being issued.  I’m on day 46 for both my cruise and extras (drink package, Internet, etc.).  My TA, which according to RCCL, books through what they call the “group booking” department which is saying they are seeing credits coming consistently at 73 days.  I’ve seen others say 2 to 3 weeks.  Is there any correlation between those that book directly with RCCL with faster credits and those that do not having to wait 70+ days?

I’m sure they are very busy, as are many other corporations around the country.  Not quite sure what they can charge my account in a matter of hours, but it takes 3 months to credit.  I’ve heard all of the excuses and at this point, it is inexcusable.

Jason

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jason26 said:

I’m seeing some wild inconsistencies regarding the length of time credits are being issued.  I’m on day 46 for both my cruise and extras (drink package, Internet, etc.).  My TA, which according to RCCL, books through what they call the “group booking” department which is saying they are seeing credits coming consistently at 73 days.  I’ve seen others say 2 to 3 weeks.  Is there any correlation between those that book directly with RCCL with faster credits and those that do not having to wait 70+ days?

I’m sure they are very busy, as are many other corporations around the country.  Not quite sure what they can charge my account in a matter of hours, but it takes 3 months to credit.  I’ve heard all of the excuses and at this point, it is inexcusable.

Jason

There has been no pattern between clients that I had booked in groups vs those that weren’t.

what I have seen is that bookings that were from a March took a lot longer than more recently cancelled sailings.  They had issues with the first round of cancellations and many needed to be redone and many done manually.  They have since put in more automation and refunds are now a bit quicker. 

Fyi, I’ve been told that refunds for some air through one of our wholesalers can take 3-12 months depending on the booking system used (this was for some European airlines)

I booked directly with Royal in July 2019 for a June 12 2020 British Isles cruise. I purchased my air fare and travel insurance through Royal. All excursions were made through the Royal. On May 20 my cruise was canceled by Royal. When I recieved my email advising me of the cancelation options I selected the link for requesting a full credit refund instead of FCC. The request form took a couple of minutes to complete. I received a credit refund on my credit card account for ALL my credit card charges on May 28. 🤑  The total process was all automated; no phone calls to Royal, Air2Sea, or the travel insurance company.