100% or 125%?

The 125% is if you rebook a cruise that Viking cancel. If you cancel its 100%. I cancelled our September cruise and rebooked for same cruise next year and got 100%. As luck would have it the cruise is marginally cheaper next year! 

Another factor to consider is, if the world is not in a better place than it is now, by the time of your next cruise, provided you book by 30 June, you will be able to rebook again at no charge, or take a FCC valid for 2 years. By my calculations that means you will have up to 3 more years before you have to cruise again. If the world is no better by then, heaven help us!

Oh this makes sense.  The cruise will be cancelled (Norway will still be closed) we rebooked before knowing it would be cancelled because we were advised by TA and Viking that everything was quickly being rebooked and we'd likely not get booked in 2021 if we didn't do it prior to it being cancelled. 

I know the feeling. We were supposed to be doing Eastern Seaboard Explorer ( Montreal to New York). 24hrs after I cancelled, Canada said their waterways shut to ships over 100 person capacity until Octber 2020. The cruise hasn't actually been cancelled by Viking yet, obviously it will be, but we have rebooked, got a stateroom we want and the cruise we want, so we are more than happy.

I too have seen anecdotal reports  of people cancelling cruises and receiving a 125% voucher rather than 100%. As far as I could tell these cruisers were not in penalty phase yet, they were more than 120 days from their trips. My conclusion is that Viking would rather offer the 125% than have to refund 100% of the cash back.

We cancelled our July trip almost a month ago.   We knew we were going to "miss out" on the potential of a 125% FCC or refund by cancelling before Viking did but we also wanted to avoid the "rush" when they did.  We booked another trip with the 50% they refunded us but are still waiting for the FCC so we can finish the booking process.  They said it would take 2 - 3 weeks to process the FCC but that "ship has sailed" (pun intended).  May have gotten caught up in the rush after all!  

• Like 1

Yes molymoo, things are taking longer for sure!  When we rebooked the guy who was helping from Viking said that this was not his typical job, but was brought in to help with rebooking because they were over whelmed.  Also to get our insurance changed  (not Viking) to the new booking, it took our TA almost two months to get a response.  I tried contacting them in early March via email regarding a question, and they never have responded to me. 

We are having serious withdrawals...we need to be on a verandah with a sea breeze blowing in our face.

• Like 1