Mjasp

Which beach do you like in Cozumel  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which beach do you like in Cozumel

• Paradise Beach
    • Playa Mia
    • San Francisco
    • Other, please explain

JCrooz...here's my problem with you. You've stated that all the beaches on the East side were totally destroyed, the sand completely blown/washed to the other side of the road. Then bruce-r and I post pics proving this is not true. Yet you persist.

You also claim that only a few west side beaches have sand, and the ones that do only have 8% left. This is simply not true and you seem not to acknowledge pics posted to that effect.

Also, only about 10% (or maybe it's 8%) of tourists who go to the beach actually make it to the east side. Most beaching tourists will go to either Playa Mia, PB, Sancho's, San Fran, Dzul-ha or Palancar. Playa Mia gained a lot of sand as did Fury Catamarans private beach just south of it. All that sand probably came from Mr. Sancho's which was the hardest hit beach. The little we lost came back after a few Northers, and actually we gained more sand after tearing down one of our buildings. San Fran gained a little bit and Palancar lost. How you can state that we lost 92% of our sand is beyond me. Agenda? I'm just stating the truth. And I'm not the only one.

Playa Bonita. I took this pic long before you joined the boards and I was looking to get the sand-blasted paint, not positioning the camera to deceive anyone. I can't help it if those palapas didn't get blown down but that's not the point. The point is to disprove your claim that all the sand got blown off the beaches. Another thing about Playa Bonita. My Dad and I used to go there all the time. It's been wider, sure. But it's also been almost non-existant with the ocean lapping up against the steps, and mounds of smelly seaweed piled up. 70% less? No way. Looks darned good now compared to those days!

I will give you credit however ... your the first person to agree that my posted photo's of the beach north of Playa Bonita and the east coast are factual & accurate. Others have even debated that fact.

Sorry, wasn't agreeing with you as I have no idea how that stretch of beach looked like before the hurricane, but its obviously not the same beach that bruce-r took a pic of as he was here post-Wilma. I was just confirming that sections of beach indeed lost their sand, just like other stretches of beach that were rocky are now sandy. I guess I didn't make that too clear, my fault.

Mjasp...look forward to meetiing you!

Paradise Tom, my wife and I stopped at your beach last September. We have just booked a cruise with Carnival Triumph for Sept 16th. As of now it is scheduled to stop at Cozumel. If so we'll be heading back to your beach because we had a great time there last year. Is your beach back to normal now after the hurricane? I hope so it was beautiful.

Paradise Tom, my wife and I stopped at your beach last September. We have just booked a cruise with Carnival Triumph for Sept 16th. As of now it is scheduled to stop at Cozumel. If so we'll be heading back to your beach because we had a great time there last year. Is your beach back to normal now after the hurricane? I hope so it was beautiful.
PB is not the exact same place as it was when you were last there, but it is still very nice. They lost a building or 2, but the beach is nice with plenty of sand, the water toys are floating, the pier is in service, and the food and drinks are a good as ever. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't have a good time there if you enjoyed it before, unless it rained a lot while you were there.

Here's a couple of pics taken a month after Wilma at Chen Rio and Playa Bonita, both popular beach bars on the other side. I snapped these before they opened the road on the east side and you can see the damage to Playa Bonita

Please explain all the sand at these two beaches if, as you claim, it was all washed to the other side of the road. Yes, some beaches got washed away as in your photo

Well I did explain it in detail, and done so nicely. Then you, your Cozumel business friends and your chum the moderator removed my informative posting (for the 2nd time).

So others will know.. This Cozumel Board isn't a informational discussion board... it seems to be a promotional media for a couple of businesses located in Cozumel.

Since I own & operate a Cruise Travel Agency I am dissappointed that my customers and fellow cruisers can't get unbias information by use of this board.

It's still a good tool, but anything posted that's less praising of Paradise Beach and other beach operations is promptly removed (without explaination).

Well I did explain it in detail, and done so nicely. Then you, your Cozumel business friends and your chum the moderator removed my informative posting (for the 2nd time).

So others will know.. This Cozumel Board isn't a informational discussion board... it seems to be a promotional media for a couple of businesses located in Cozumel.

Since I own & operate a Cruise Travel Agency I am dissappointed that my customers and fellow cruisers can't get unbias information by use of this board.

It's still a good tool, but anything posted that's less praising of Paradise Beach and other beach operations is promptly removed (without explaination).

I have read over and over on many of these boards on how wonderful Paradise Beach is not only on the Coz board but on many of the other ship boards. We are definately going to Paradise Beach when we are there in April and the decision is based on the past few month's research on the different beaches. Yes I have seen less than praising postings on different beaches in Coz and also received lots of good information through these boards. I appreciate everyone who post here. I beleive this is a VERY GOOD place to receive all types of information.

JCrooz....I posted a reply to you in one of these threads, including the 2 pics of Chen Rio and Bonita. They were part of a thread that got yanked. Let me assure you that I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of typing (I type at like, 15 WPM) and posting pics if I was then going to try to have the thread deleted.

And sorry to douse your conspiracy theory, but I don't know Host Terry and have never even exchanged emails with him/her. I have exchanged emails with Laura S a couple of times though, when she's yanked some of my posts over the last 2 years, and warned me to follow the rules. So, I get no special treatment here. What kind of credibility would Cruise Critic have as an unbiased informational vehicle if they let certain members have editing control?

I would have loved to have seen your answer, if you could email it to me I would appreciate it. As a responsible travel agent you'd probably want as much truthful info about Cozumel as you can get to pass on to your clients. If I can help you out any more about the true state of the beaches, just let me know!

BTW, sorry to call you out on another one of your claims, but if you go through that long thread about PB, I'm sure you'll find some posts that are less than praising. Have a super-duper day!:)

wrp...can't put him on ignore...just have to see what he'll say next!

Hey Mountainbeers! Nice to "see" you again. How could I forget a name like that?!:D Hopefully I won't be on vacation when you get here...hasta la vista!

Bruce...gracias

Babs66...thanx for the upcoming visit....see ya in April!

can't put him on ignore...just have to see what he'll say next!

how about... that I admire your initiative and drive to insure folks know about you and your services. Can't blame you for using whats available. I'm sure your a fine fellow in person.

Actually.. I'm just bitter and envious because you live in an area that I wish I did (and plan to soon). Not Cozumel in particular (due to the beach damage):D ... but farther south, say costal Belize, Costa Maya.

Paradise Tom,

Since you seem to be the "expert" in this area, please help me out. I have clients going to Cozumel in March. I've directed them to either the Fun 'n Sun Beach Break at Playa Mia or to Paradise Beach, depending on their needs. Are both in good shape now? I would love to see some current pictures of the area. Paradise Beach was so beautiful a couple of years ago, I sure hope it's okay now.

Thanks!

Yup, we're both in good shape. I can't post pics but you could check out this website for a few post-Wilma photos of all the beach clubs. http://www.wilmacozumel.com/cozumel_beach_clubs/cozumel_beach_clubs.htm Just scroll down, you'll get there!

Also, type in "Mia" in the search engine and you'll come up with good info including comparisons. Thanx for your concern!

Sorry... but what's seen in your photo doesn't exist any longer. The east coast beaches are destroyed! Only water, coral, and rock remain.

This is 100% false and incorrect. I do not know why you would have an interest in posting lies sir, but please stop. You have no right to lie to the readers of this or any forum nor to damage the good people of Cozumel

There is LOTS of sand at MANY east side beaches, not just a little here and there, everywhere. The beach clubs on the west side are also open and with plenty of sand.

Because there is so much mis-information in the travel agency industry, the web boards, etc. I have been keeping a photojournal of Cozumel since the hurricane. The Wilma Album has reached over 58,000 views, almost 1200 pics, and is a living document of the effects of Wilma in Cozumel, but most importantly the recovery process, which has been substancial.

To see the most recent pics click the arrow drop down menu and scroll forward, the first pics are right after the storm in October.

One of the pics you posted of the East Side Crooz, show rock forge, the same rock forge that has been there forever. Whatever your reasons may be, I beg you to please not misinform anyone about Cozumel. Yes, some buildings are still in rubble, as are the cruise piers, yes there is a few stores not open, but for the most part Cozumel is in great shape and 80% operational, and nowhere near the grossly exagerated versions of "destruction & devastation" still being spread by some, this is just not true.

Archived