Mjasp

Which beach do you like in Cozumel  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which beach do you like in Cozumel

• Paradise Beach
    • Playa Mia
    • San Francisco
    • Other, please explain

Which beach have you been to and what did you think of it. We can't decide between Paradise Beach, San Francisco Beach or Play Mia Beach. I like Playa Mia and San Francisco because they have a pool and it really looks beautiful. Are there enough of beach chairs and umbrellas for everyone or are they too crowded? I've been to Chachanaab and to Mr. Sancho's already, looking for something else.

Which beaches did you like best and why?

I am going to put in a poll for easy computing.

TIA

I hate to argue, but there is no "best" beach in Cozumel because different beaches appeal to different groups of people for different reasons. An example: Paradise Beach club is great for active families, but I would suggest that it wouldn't be the best beach for a couple looking for a quite, relaxed club with few if any children. With that said, I do think there are best beaches for certain things.

These are my choices, please feel free to form your own opinions. Remember, it is hard to say something is "Best" if you have only experience one beach club.

Best beach for active couples or families: Paradise Beach club

Best beach for a quiet, non-crowded atmosphere: Playa Palancar

Best beach that isn't really a beach: Coconuts. Sure, there is a nice soft sand beach just to the south of it, but Coconuts can't really have a beach because it is on the highest point of land on the whole island.

Best beach to have all to yourself: most of the sandy beach areas on the east side are usually deserted. I'm not talking about the few that do have clubs on them like Chen Rio or Mezcalitos, both of which are nice. I'm talking about places like this:

eastside4.jpg

I just looked at the pictures. I would pick Paradise Beach. Before Wilma I went to mr. Sanchos. I loved it there and it was free. Mr. Sanchos is really messed up.

How do you know that Mr Sanchos is still really messed up? From what I've seen from pictures they look to be doing okay at this point. Am I wrong?

I hate to argue, but there is no "best" beach in Cozumel because different beaches appeal to different groups of people for different reasons.

Best beach that isn't really a beach: Coconuts. Sure, there is a nice soft sand beach just to the south of it, but Coconuts can't really have a beach because it is on the highest point of land on the whole island.

Best beach to have all to yourself: most of the sandy beach areas on the east side are usually deserted. I'm not talking about the few that do have clubs on them like Chen Rio or Mezcalitos, both of which are nice. I'm talking about places like this:

bruce-r,

We want to spend our day in Cozumel on our own. We have vacationed in Cozumel before in 2001-and loved it. We want to see ALL of the island. What is the best way to be sure that we have a rental car to use since Wilma? The cruise line can not give us a definite on which pier we will be tendered to. Are there rental cars available at all of the piers? Or should we reserve one online or through a tour company, then taxi to their location? Hope you can give me some insight.

Thanks!

bruce-r,

We want to spend our day in Cozumel on our own. We have vacationed in Cozumel before in 2001-and loved it. We want to see ALL of the island. What is the best way to be sure that we have a rental car to use since Wilma? The cruise line can not give us a definite on which pier we will be tendered to. Are there rental cars available at all of the piers? Or should we reserve one online or through a tour company, then taxi to their location? Hope you can give me some insight.

Thanks!

I'd reserve ahead of time. Last time I used http://www.cozumelinsider.com and was quite pleased with the service. If you want to see any of the downtown area, arrange to pick up the car there. If you tender to the ferry terminal, you're good to go. Other wise take a taxi to get the car. Then immediately drive out of town and do your sight seeing. When you are done, return the car then you can see whatever you want in town without the parking hassle.

If you don't want to go into town, reserve an Avis car and make arrangements to pick it up at the International Pier. It is far enough from town to avoid any parking problems, but close enough for a cheap taxi fare. You might even luck out and tender to the International pier or the near by Puerto Maya pier.

bruce-r,

Thanks!

I contacted Less Pay before going to Cozumel. Wasn't sure if I was goimg to rent or not. Asked about them honoring the internet price. And how do I get to them from a pier (I didn't know which one we would be arriving at). They wrote back and said to print the internet price and they would honor it. They also said to take a taxi and they would pay for it. As it turned out, we arrived at the longosta pier and Less Pay was a short walk away at the Hotel Barracuda.:)

I hate to argue, but there is no "best" beach in Cozumel because different beaches appeal to different groups of people for different reasons. An example: Paradise Beach club is great for active families, but I would suggest that it wouldn't be the best beach for a couple looking for a quite, relaxed club with few if any children. With that said, I do think there are best beaches for certain things.

These are my choices,

Best beach to have all to yourself: most of the sandy beach areas on the east side are usually deserted. I'm talking about places like this:

eastside4.jpg

Sorry... but what's seen in your photo doesn't exist any longer. The east coast beaches are destroyed! Only water, coral, and rock remain.

ummmmmm.....the east coast beaches have more sand than ever! It was dumped there by Wilma. Port side lost the sand; east side got it!

:confused: :confused: We're talking about the island & beaches of Cozumel Mexico... not sure where you are referring to, but it certainly isn't Cozumel! :confused: :confused:

Sorry... but what's seen in your photo doesn't exist any longer. The east coast beaches are destroyed! Only water, coral, and rock remain.
When where they "destroyed"? I took that photo in December, which is well after Wilma.

You seem to have some sort of agenda with the tone of your posts regarding Cozumel. I wish you could either get over it or provide photographic proof of your statements.

after Wilma... same location...

x1p4JHjVbcjTC9ZJXEd8FcgiqEGpDLj65YKkWdL5ZL8M1ps8jly9BFoejE2zcXGF8BTFMkfPmNyCz-VxmKuJ3rOvLjFf9JoVu2e2mX3P7U5xgkOOKkq4Hq94JePc26A9bKx6p70ksUUCtcPBiHQWPPQRw

What are you talking about? Your photo cannot be directly linked. You will either have to reduce it to a smaller size and attach it to another post, or you will have to use a different photo storage site. Or you could email it to me (my address is in my profile) and I'll post it for you.

Here is another post wilma photo of an East side beach with sand. In the background is Coconuts and the foreground seems to show plenty of sand.

coconuts2.jpg

What are you talking about? Your photo cannot be directly linked. You will either have to reduce it to a smaller size and attach it to another post, or you will have to use a different photo storage site. Or you could email it to me (my address is in my profile) and I'll post it for you.

Here is another post wilma photo of an East side beach with sand. In the background is Coconuts and the foreground seems to show plenty of sand.

I can see my photo when I visit this thread. You mean that you or noone else can see it?

Oh, and the only agenda I have is the truth. I'm not going to go around stating that everything is fine like others do just becasue they live there and make a living off of tourism.

Again, so you can't see my photo? Strange.

IF I e-mail it to you you may not wish to post it as it is not a flattering one of the beach.

your e-mail address cannot be seen in your profile.
Yes it can. It is in the Additional Information section under Biography.

IF I e-mail it to you you may not wish to post it as it is not a flattering one of the beach.
You send it and I'll post it. It won't matter if it isn't flattering or not.

OK, the image loaded after I made this post for the first time. I really don't think that you took that photo in the exact same place I took my post-wilma photo. The reason is I wouldn't have stopped there with my kids to play in the sand if it had looked like that. I do agree that your photo represents what some of the shoreline on the east side looks like, but certainly not 80% of it.

I was at Mr. Sanchos a couple weeks ago. It is open but it really got totally destroyed.

The resteraunt was totally destroyed but they were about to re-open when I was there. The swimming pool is gone and the beach bar with the swings is gone too. There is no wave runner rental and no massages by the beach anymore.

They still have the tables and chairs set up along the beach and you can order food. The food is really good and I am totally amazed at how they are preparing it but they are.

A few shops are set up at the entrance as before. This is right at the entrance near the parking lot so it doesn't detract from the beach experience at all. Just arriving and leaving you walk by maybe 10 booths selling the same ole Mexican stuff. They were polite when I didn't want to buy anything.

It is really quiet and relaxed. This place doesn't really draw crowds. Its more like some beach tables with umbrellas set up on the beach and then bar and food service.

I still enjoyed my day. Not like the old Mr. Sanchos with the cool beach bar but it was a nice quiet beach day. This is the place to go if you don't want any crowds around and you just want to enjoy the beach. It doesn't attract the families because it doesn't have the beach toys. trampoline, climb on things and all that.

It is located really close to the Playa Mia maybe 1 mile further down the road. It cost $12 to get their by taxi from the ship. Twelve dollars was for two people (not each).

I was at Mr. Sanchos a couple weeks ago. It is open but it really got totally destroyed.

The resteraunt was totally destroyed but they were about to re-open when I was there. The swimming pool is gone and the beach bar with the swings is gone too. There is no wave runner rental and no massages by the beach anymore.

They still have the tables and chairs set up along the beach and you can order food. The food is really good and I am totally amazed at how they are preparing it but they are.

It is located really close to the Playa Mia maybe 1 mile further down the road. It cost $12 to get their by taxi from the ship.

A good assessment Vyhanek. We stopped their 2 weeks ago but only for like 10 minutes.

A few shops are set up at the entrance as before. This is right at the entrance near the parking lot so it doesn't detract from the beach experience at all. Just arriving and leaving you walk by maybe 10 booths selling the same ole Mexican stuff. They were polite when I didn't want to buy anything.

It is really quiet and relaxed. This place doesn't really draw crowds. Its more like some beach tables with umbrellas set up on the beach and then bar and food service.

I still enjoyed my day. Not like the old Mr. Sanchos with the cool beach bar but it was a nice quiet beach day. This is the place to go if you don't want any crowds around and you just want to enjoy the beach. It doesn't attract the families because it doesn't have the beach toys. trampoline, climb on things and all that.

It is located really close to the Playa Mia maybe 1 mile further down the road. It cost $12 to get their by taxi from the ship. Twelve dollars was for two people (not each).

Thanks for the update. It's a shame what happened there. They used to have a trampoline for the kids in the water, I guess it got damaged. We really enjoyed our 2 trips there but I guess we should maybe think of someplace else this time around.

any ideas of something like this for us anyone? We two families and we both have teenagers ranging from 13 to 17.

Thanks.

Bruce-r was here about a month ago and that photo is from that trip.

Here's a couple of pics taken a month after Wilma at Chen Rio and Playa Bonita, both popular beach bars on the other side. I snapped these before they opened the road on the east side and you can see the damage to Playa Bonita's paint job, so you can tell I didn't doctor the date stamp!

f0c41f08.jpg

f0c41f09.jpg

Please explain all the sand at these two beaches if, as you claim, it was all washed to the other side of the road. What's your agenda? I don't get why you're lying to everyone in your posts unless you're a troll who needs the attention....

Yes, some beaches got washed away as in your photo but others were created as the sand got shifted around...did you not see that? After all, you've been to Cozumel 4 times so that should make you an expert!

Archived