Havana Cabana

APRN44

Well let me try to explain, Why. In my thought process since Carnival describes this category of cabin as having "a private lounging area with your own deck chairs, plus exclusive access to Havana Pool area... not to mention amenities".  In the other area of the ship where there is a near by bar with deck and lounge chairs, the drink servers service those kinds of area. As you know when a person does anything on the ship, it is because that person finds value in that purchase, weather it is cabin category, FTF, or the drink package. I was trying to find out if that would be one of the "amenities" of this type of cabin. I would find value in that and would likely purchase this category of cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, APRN44 said:

Well let me try to explain, Why. In my thought process since Carnival describes this category of cabin as having "a private lounging area with your own deck chairs, plus exclusive access to Havana Pool area... not to mention amenities".  In the other area of the ship where there is a near by bar with deck and lounge chairs, the drink servers service those kinds of area. As you know when a person does anything on the ship, it is because that person finds value in that purchase, weather it is cabin category, FTF, or the drink package. I was trying to find out if that would be one of the "amenities" of this type of cabin. I would find value in that and would likely purchase this category of cabin.

As of now, I don’t believe they are doing that.

We had a Cabana last year on Vista and never saw drink service to cabanas.  In fact, most of the drink service was at the bar as folks seemed to walk up and order and they didn't come around much at all.  We also seldom saw people on the cabanas.  

We were in a Havana cabana on the Horizon in January. We disliked the cabana area not because of the people waking by but the lounger does not have a cushion and is very uncomfortable and you slide down to the bottom. The hot tub and bar area were fine except there is normally only one person taking care of the inside and outside bar.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, dallasdan said:

They did not on our Vista Cruise.  However, the pool bar is short walk from your Cabana balcony.

It is indeed.  And the whole bar is dedicated to the Havana passengers.  Bar was never busy.  We loved that area!!

I haven't been on the Panorama yet (booked Sept 2021) but I noticed from a video tour I watched that the daybeds and lounger areas have little service call buttons for guests to buzz for bar service.   That would have been a nice added feature for guests booked in the Havana Cabanas to have one of those service call buttons out on their deck area to buzz for bar service!  I could see the appeal of that 'extra' service if they had it.

I think the Havana cabanas are nice but the lack of privacy outside of that solid wall when you first walk out. The openness to see right next door and people can walk by made me not want to book. The Havana balcony look okay. What else do I have to do to get my cruise fix is watch YouTube cruise vlogs.

Havana Cabana rooms are near the top of our list, we have stayed in them multiple times.  The entire concept was a flat out home run for Carnival.  From a privacy issue, we have never had an issue and never felt the glass wall directly in front was an issue either.  Having the exclusive use oof the pool, spas, and having the bar that close are great advantages.   We normally travel with groups and these cruisers were so impressed with everything, that when we get together to plan for new cruises, their comments begin with no more blue towels (as a joke to the different color towel used in the Havana area) as a starting point for deciding which ship and which cruise to take.  I would strongly recommend staying in one before deciding otherwise.  

11 hours ago, ehyup71 said:

I haven't been on the Panorama yet (booked Sept 2021) but I noticed from a video tour I watched that the daybeds and lounger areas have little service call buttons for guests to buzz for bar service.   That would have been a nice added feature for guests booked in the Havana Cabanas to have one of those service call buttons out on their deck area to buzz for bar service!  I could see the appeal of that 'extra' service if they had it.

Have not been on the Panorama but can tell you they are not on the Vista or Horizon (sister ships).

Since the price point of the Havana aft-view extended balcony seems to be on par with the Havana cabana, my choice would be for the balcony over the cabana.  But privacy (even being more limited than a standard balcony due to overlooking the Havana area) is more important than the convenience of being able to walk directly from my “back patio” to the bar/pool.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:37 AM, devinc said:

We had a Cabana last year on Vista and never saw drink service to cabanas.  In fact, most of the drink service was at the bar as folks seemed to walk up and order and they didn't come around much at all.  We also seldom saw people on the cabanas.  

Yes, the Cabana is nice...the bar is close and mostly walkup, they did do a nice touch of bringing cups of frozen fruit around on a hot day. Enjoyed the experience, but seems the suites are just too close to each other....can be a bit noisy if you get the loud crowd next door.

50 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

Yes, the Cabana is nice...the bar is close and mostly walkup, they did do a nice touch of bringing cups of frozen fruit around on a hot day. Enjoyed the experience, but seems the suites are just too close to each other....can be a bit noisy if you get the loud crowd next door.

Isn’t that true of any cabin?

On 6/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, ehyup71 said:

I never saw anything like that when I was on the Panorama. We were on the the inaugural cruise and B2B 7 day. I will tell you that getting a drink from any pool area was a study in patience. Very under staffed and since I am not pushy I would wait a really long time. (I would never want to get between a person and their drink if they need it so bad they have to push me out of the way.) We found the best place to get a drink was the Plaza Bar on deck 5. 

15 minutes ago, wardwhitty said:

Silly question but can you lock and unlock the Havana Cabana doors from the cabana area or just from inside?

You can unlock for sure with a card.  Im thinking you couldn't lock them from the outside.