IONA Maiden Voyage G024?

Findus Stander

13 minutes ago, Findus Stander said:

Talk about a thread being completing ruined by the exact problem currently dividing our country at a time when we should be showing solidarity. Please do not post any more political ramblings on this thread, create your own!! God forbid getting sat next to you boring lot (non political posters exempt) at the dining table during my next cruise.😘😉

Come sit with me instead, we can just talk ***** and drink wine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Findus Stander said:

Talk about a thread being completing ruined by the exact problem currently dividing our country at a time when we should be showing solidarity. Please do not post any more political ramblings on this thread, create your own!! God forbid getting sat next to you boring lot (non political posters exempt) at the dining table during my next cruise.😘😉

Those poster rants seem to have stopped😂

4 minutes ago, Scratchrat said:

LOL. I googled it. Some old fashioned word for chilling out apparently!

Still used by young people, apparently, but probably not used much on P&O ships.😁

1 hour ago, Findus Stander said:

Each to his own. Some people happen to find discussing current affairs interesting. You may not, but we’re all different. That’s what cruising, and meeting people, is all about.🙂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Each to his own. Some people happen to find discussing current affairs interesting. You may not, but we’re all different. That’s what cruising, and meeting people, is all about.🙂

Exactly - far better than discussing the latest edition of Big Brother, or East Enders.

On 6/8/2020 at 10:15 AM, Scratchrat said:

Oh I didn't bookmark them, I'll try and find it this afternoon.

Not in any way suggesting they are right, just that it's a view likely to be taken by those financially invested in getting things back to normal.

Had any luck, in finding these possible interesteing reports?

On 6/9/2020 at 1:28 PM, wowzz said:

Exactly - far better than discussing the latest edition of Big Brother, or East Enders.

Debate about anything is fine by me, as long as all parties are interested... 

What I don't like is how the political discussions become insulting and personal because somebody doesn't agree with an opinion. 

Nobody will ever get insulted because they don't like Eastenders... 

Andy 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Debate about anything is fine by me, as long as all parties are interested... 

What I don't like is how the political discussions become insulting and personal because somebody doesn't agree with an opinion. 

Nobody will ever get insulted because they don't like Eastenders... 

Andy 

But they might be insulted because they do like it!

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

But they might be insulted because they do like it!

To have a conversation, both sides need to have some interest in the subject, hence why many people on cruises talk about cruising. 

I have never had in depth discussions on cruise ships about politics or Eastenders and have always managed to have a fantastic time with lovely people from all walks of life. 

Why would you insult someone because they like a TV program? 

Andy 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Why would you insult someone because they like a TV program? 

I wasn't suggesting that I would, but some people do judge others by the TV programmes they watch.

Personally, I'm a "Law & Order" and "Chicago PD" chap.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I wasn't suggesting that I would, but some people do judge others by the TV programmes they watch.

Personally, I'm a "Law & Order" and "Chicago PD" chap.

Now we could talk all night about crime drama Wowzz... 

I wasn't suggesting you would insult Eastenders viewers, but struggle to understand why anyone would. 

We should all judge less and smile more. 

Andy 

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Now we could talk all night about crime drama Wowzz... 

I wasn't suggesting you would insult Eastenders viewers, but struggle to understand why anyone would. 

We should all judge less and smile more. 

Andy 

Let's start with "Hill Street Blues" and then move on to "The Sopranos" 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Let's start with "Hill Street Blues" and then move on to "The Sopranos" 

Yep, I'm in... 

I'm a bit obsessed with programs about serial killers at the moment, often involving Fred Dineage, but any crime drama will do. 

Andy 

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yep, I'm in... 

I'm a bit obsessed with programs about serial killers at the moment, often involving Fred Dineage, but any crime drama will do. 

Andy 

Wasn't Fred Dineage the bloke  in Yorkshire who blew up chimney's? Isn't that a crime?.

Food for thought and What the vast majority of people forget is that social distancing is not law but only guidance. So in theory UK cruise lines do not have to change anything on board a ship!!