Initial Purchase of TI To Insure Full Coverage

Thank you Steve for your on-going support not only here but within your office and through your staff!

My question is, often if not always, to get the best 'overall' coverage, many insurers require purchasing the policy for all 'non-refundable' portions of the sailing within a few days/weeks after initial deposit.

Also, we usually do not know about our air portion until 45 - 30 days before departure. How do we account for that in order to have coverage?

Back to the original title of the thread, if we are to have binded coverage for 'non-refundable' portions of our trip and retain all of the benefits, how is this to be calculated up to two (2) years out from the sailing or am I making it too complicated?

Thank you again and bon voyage

9 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you Steve for your on-going support not only here but within your office and through your staff!

My question is, often if not always, to get the best 'overall' coverage, many insurers require purchasing the policy for all 'non-refundable' portions of the sailing within a few days/weeks after initial deposit.

Also, we usually do not know about our air portion until 45 - 30 days before departure. How do we account for that in order to have coverage?

Back to the original title of the thread, if we are to have binded coverage for 'non-refundable' portions of our trip and retain all of the benefits, how is this to be calculated up to two (2) years out from the sailing or am I making it too complicated?

Thank you again and bon voyage

Hi Bo1953,

You're welcome. And thanks for using us.

I have two questions:

1) Do you tend to book trips more than 12 months in the future?

2) When you said "we usually do not know about our air portion until 45 - 30 days before departure", do you mean you wait to buy the airfare approximately 45 - 30 days before departure?

Steve Dasseos

Steve,

Thank you for the questions and as follows:

1) Yes, we now are booking two (2) years out by happenstance as usually it is one (1) year; and

2) We do wait to purchase air in such as short time frame as we have found that is the time frame for the lowest refundable flights, usually. Of course we have won a few and lost a few, yet overall we have come out ahead.

Thank you again,

bon voyage

Hi Bo,

Not to steal Steve's thunder but we've been buying our trip insurance through him for several years.  They turned me onto the trick of only insuring the initial deposit.  Then as we incur additional payments, we up the coverage until our trip is fully covered for cruise, air and hotel.  The best thing about it is we're locked in at the pre-existing inital rate with the end premium being the same regardless if we paid the total amount initially or incrementally.

I've been very pleased with Steve's service as I"m sure you have been too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Steve,

Thank you for the questions and as follows:

1) Yes, we now are booking two (2) years out by happenstance as usually it is one (1) year; and

2) We do wait to purchase air in such as short time frame as we have found that is the time frame for the lowest refundable flights, usually. Of course we have won a few and lost a few, yet overall we have come out ahead.

Thank you again,

bon voyage

Hi Bo1953,

Here's how it works:

Except for one company, if you are not getting the "Cancel For Any Reason" coverage, your trip is farther in the future and you are paying it in stages, an option to consider is this:

You would not have to pay for the insurance in full immediately upon purchase in order to get the pre-existing conditions coverage. All our plans allow "pay as you go" which means you must insure your deposit now and as you prepay more trip costs, you must increase the insurance coverage any time (as long as nothing has happened where you would file a claim) before but not later than 14 days of adding any additional trip costs above what has been insured to keep the pre-existing conditions coverage. This does not result in any extra costs, just the incremental price increases. You do have to insure the deposits even if they are refundable.

The prices are locked in at your ages and the rates that were in effect when you bought it.

I talk about this in just a few places on my website and blog because it's easy for someone to make a mistake and forget to increase their trip cost. When we suggest this, we tell them it's their responsibility to contact us when they pay more money.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 2