I have several insurance questions that I hope you can help about our trip.  We have Travel Insured WTP with the cancel for any reason.

We booked a cruise with PG and it was supposed to leave in July.  A few days ago we found out that the cruise had been canceled.

I ask for a refund and was told that they were offering FCC only.  I'm not sure if we will be able to go next year so at this point I would rather get a refund instead.

We have gotten a refund on our departing United flight so we are trying to decide how to proceed with getting money back for the cruise and return Air France flight.

1.  Since PG canceled the cruise will Travel insured give us 100% of our money back on both flight and cruise ?  Or do we have to use the cancel for any reason?

( Not wanting to use the cancel for any reason if possible because we only get back 75% of our money)

2.  I was told by Air France that if..I...cancel I will only be able to get a voucher to use at another time.  If AF cancels the flight I can get a total refund.  I have been waiting to see if AF cancels their flights but it looks like FP has lifted some of their restrictions as of July 15 so I am guessing that our flight home at the end of July will be operating.  I assume that I may need to use the cancel for any reason for this.   Can I wait longer to see if they do cancel before I file with the insurance company and how long can I wait to file?

3.  If we do decide to take the FCC, is that covered by the insurance?  Also if we take the voucher from AF, is that covered by insurance ?

4.  Also if we do decide to take FCC and the Voucher can we move our existing trip insurance to the new trip and still have the cancel for any reason?

Sorry for all the questions but lots of decisions to make here.

39 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

4.  Also if we do decide to take FCC and the Voucher can we move our existing trip insurance to the new trip and still have the cancel for any reason?

I and presumably fedexretiree would also like to know if he moves the existing insurance to the new trip booked with FCC and Voucher, will the insurance cover his initial cost on the first trip for the FCC and Voucher, or would that be lost if he cancels the new trip for a covered reason or under CFAR?

2 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

I and presumably fedexretiree would also like to know if he moves the existing insurance to the new trip booked with FCC and Voucher, will the insurance cover his initial cost on the first trip for the FCC and Voucher, or would that be lost if he cancels the new trip for a covered reason or under CFAR?

Hi SusieQft...yes you are correct...thats exactly what I meant...thanks for making it clearer....

1 hour ago, fedexretiree said:

I have several insurance questions that I hope you can help about our trip.  We have Travel Insured WTP with the cancel for any reason.

We booked a cruise with PG and it was supposed to leave in July.  A few days ago we found out that the cruise had been canceled.

I ask for a refund and was told that they were offering FCC only.  I'm not sure if we will be able to go next year so at this point I would rather get a refund instead.

We have gotten a refund on our departing United flight so we are trying to decide how to proceed with getting money back for the cruise and return Air France flight.

1.  Since PG canceled the cruise will Travel insured give us 100% of our money back on both flight and cruise ?  Or do we have to use the cancel for any reason?

( Not wanting to use the cancel for any reason if possible because we only get back 75% of our money)

2.  I was told by Air France that if..I...cancel I will only be able to get a voucher to use at another time.  If AF cancels the flight I can get a total refund.  I have been waiting to see if AF cancels their flights but it looks like FP has lifted some of their restrictions as of July 15 so I am guessing that our flight home at the end of July will be operating.  I assume that I may need to use the cancel for any reason for this.   Can I wait longer to see if they do cancel before I file with the insurance company and how long can I wait to file?

3.  If we do decide to take the FCC, is that covered by the insurance?  Also if we take the voucher from AF, is that covered by insurance ?

Sorry for all the questions but lots of decisions to make here.

Hi fedexretiree,

> Sorry for all the questions but lots of decisions to make here.

You don't have to apologize. CruiseCritic and myself want there to be lots of questions.

> Since PG canceled the cruise will Travel Insured give us 100% of our money back on both flight and cruise ?  Or do we have to use the cancel for any reason?

If you want to recover any money in cash that is not refunded to you, you will have to use the cancel for any reason coverage. Make sure all your travel arrangements are cancelled at least 3 calendar days before you are scheduled to leave. I also suggest you write a cover letter telling them you will give up your right to use the FCC and any other future travel credits including your airfare.

> I was told by Air France that if..I...cancel I will only be able to get a voucher to use at another time.  If AF cancels the flight I can get a total refund.  I have been waiting to see if AF cancels their flights but it looks like FP has lifted some of their restrictions as of July 15 so I am guessing that our flight home at the end of July will be operating.  I assume that I may need to use the cancel for any reason for this.   Can I wait longer to see if they do cancel before I file with the insurance company and how long can I wait to file?

Look in your Contract of Carriage with AF to see what your reights are if they cancel the flight. It's possible they will give you a total refund, but I don't know 100%. It might depend on your class of ticket.

> If we do decide to take the FCC, is that covered by the insurance?  Also if we take the voucher from AF, is that covered by insurance ?
> Also if we do decide to take FCC and the Voucher can we move our existing trip insurance to the new trip and still have the cancel for any reason?

If you don't file a claim, you may hold the value of your policy using this form: https://www.travelinsured.com/vouchers/ . When you book a new trip you will switch the policy dates to the new trip. All your coverages transfer to the new trip.

I hope this makes sense,

Steve Dasseos

THANKS SO MUCH STEVE...

I was hoping that since PG canceled that I would recoup 100% of the cost of the cruise.  Would I be better off to 1st try to file a 3rd party dispute with my credit card.  Then if its denied file with insurance?  If I do that, do I have to file with the  insurance company before the original start of the trip or can that be done any time?

Also, if I moves the existing insurance to the new trip booked with FCC and Voucher, will the insurance cover his initial cost on the first trip for the FCC and Voucher, or would that be lost if I cancels the new trip for a covered reason or under CFAR?

3 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

THANKS SO MUCH STEVE...

I was hoping that since PG canceled that I would recoup 100% of the cost of the cruise.  Would I be better off to 1st try to file a 3rd party dispute with my credit card.  Then if its denied file with insurance?  If I do that, do I have to file with the  insurance company before the original start of the trip or can that be done any time?

Also, if I moves the existing insurance to the new trip booked with FCC and Voucher, will the insurance cover his initial cost on the first trip for the FCC and Voucher, or would that be lost if I cancels the new trip for a covered reason or under CFAR?

You're welcome.

> I was hoping that since PG canceled that I would recoup 100% of the cost of the cruise

You will have to check the Terms & Conditions you agreed to when you booked the cruise to learn what is PG's obligation to you.

> Would I be better off to 1st try to file a 3rd party dispute with my credit card?

No. Your credit card will deny it.

> if I moves the existing insurance to the new trip booked with FCC and Voucher, will the insurance cover his initial cost on the first trip for the FCC and Voucher, or would that be lost if I cancels the new trip for a covered reason or under CFAR?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Steve Dasseos

1 minute ago, iamtrustworthy said:

You're welcome.

> I was hoping that since PG canceled that I would recoup 100% of the cost of the cruise

You will have to check the Terms & Conditions you agreed to when you booked the cruise to learn what is PG's obligation to you.

> Would I be better off to 1st try to file a 3rd party dispute with my credit card?

No. Your credit card will deny it.

> if I moves the existing insurance to the new trip booked with FCC and Voucher, will the insurance cover his initial cost on the first trip for the FCC and Voucher, or would that be lost if I cancels the new trip for a covered reason or under CFAR?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Steve Dasseos

If I get a FCC voucher from PG lets say its worth 1000.00 and a voucher for my canceled flight worth 500.00 and I then move the insurance that has  cancel for any reason to a new trip in 2021 (because I haven't filed a claim on the insurance)

Then next year something comes up and I have to use the cancel for any reason, will I get 75% of the 1500.00 back or does the insurance company say it was from vouchers and we don't insure  vouchers?

Again thanks you are amazing taking the time to answer all the questions for everyone...

On 6/6/2020 at 1:59 PM, fedexretiree said:

If I get a FCC voucher from PG lets say its worth 1000.00 and a voucher for my canceled flight worth 500.00 and I then move the insurance that has  cancel for any reason to a new trip in 2021 (because I haven't filed a claim on the insurance)

Then next year something comes up and I have to use the cancel for any reason, will I get 75% of the 1500.00 back or does the insurance company say it was from vouchers and we don't insure  vouchers?

Again thanks you are amazing taking the time to answer all the questions for everyone...

You're welcome. Thanks for your questions.

Assuming your trip cost hadn't increased, you will receive 75% of the $1500.

Those Future Cruise or Travel Credits are insurable if the Travel Credit was issued because your travel supplier canceled your trip due to the Coronavirus. Credits issued for other reasons are not insurable.

Steve Dasseos

Last question about this.  I will be canceling the flight not the airline canceling the flight.  But they are allowing you to cancel because of the corona virus and issuing a voucher for future travel.  So are you  saying that the flight voucher won't be covered under the insurance since it was me that canceled it, is that correct?  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, fedexretiree said:

Last question about this.  I will be canceling the flight not the airline canceling the flight.  But they are allowing you to cancel because of the corona virus and issuing a voucher for future travel.  So are you  saying that the flight voucher won't be covered under the insurance since it was me that canceled it, is that correct?  Thanks again.

Your flight voucher will still be covered because you wouldn't have had any need to cancel the flight if PG hadn't cancelled due to the virus.

Edited by iamtrustworthy
typo