To anyone who has been on the Meraviglia in a YCD cabin

Shippy

We had cabin upfront, in the middle.  First time on MSC and liked the layout of the cabin. The balcony was pretty useless as it does have exposure to winds. Also , railing does not allow full use of space. Dark tinted glass above railing which made cabin pretty dark inside. I will try to attach photos. Also, glass is always dirty so photos had to be taken from the small open space Below glass.

F4B15451-5C0A-4BA4-847B-7F77E3ED31FA.jpeg

EB23430B-30A1-42D5-8EC7-4EFB91804D93.jpeg

79054A54-FDFE-42D1-A771-A715016FA50F.jpeg

9 hours ago, Shippy said:

Can you please give me some info on the balcony.

Since it is on the front of the ship, how usable is it because of the wind ?

Is the balcony very big ?

Thanks

Personally, I cannot imagine why anyone would book a balcony cabin at the front of the ship.  Wind issues would be only one disadvantage.  

Once, I had a stateroom on the S.S. Statendam directly under the Bridge.  After sunset, I had to keep the curtains fully closed in order for the cabin's light from interfering with the Bridge crew's nighttime vision.  

I'm also interested in the YCD. It mentions that it has 2 bathrooms, 1 with a bath and 1 with a shower. Does the bathroon with the bathtub also have a shower?. The reason we are looking at the YCD is that on the Meraviglia these are the only YC suites that hold 3,  besides the RS.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:19 AM, hbe30 said:

I'm also interested in the YCD. It mentions that it has 2 bathrooms, 1 with a bath and 1 with a shower. Does the bathroon with the bathtub also have a shower?. The reason we are looking at the YCD is that on the Meraviglia these are the only YC suites that hold 3,  besides the RS.

We need to differentiate between YC Deluxe and YC Duplex. MSC is now offering the duplex suites as YC suites. Those are 2 stories and does have 2 bathrooms. Royal Suite and deluxe suite has 1 bathroom. 

these get sold out very quickly....we were going to take one but decided taking stairs up and down to master bedroom would be a pain.   Younger folks, no problem . 

Did like the idea of 2 bathrooms.  And jacuzzi on balcony.

17 hours ago, phissy said:

We need to differentiate between YC Deluxe and YC Duplex. MSC is now offering the duplex suites as YC suites. Those are 2 stories and does have 2 bathrooms. Royal Suite and deluxe suite has 1 bathroom. 

these get sold out very quickly....we were going to take one but decided taking stairs up and down to master bedroom would be a pain.   Younger folks, no problem . 

Did like the idea of 2 bathrooms.  And jacuzzi on balcony.

Thanks for your reply. I would much rather be in a YC deluxe but as i previously said MSC won't allow you  to book 3 in those rooms. The adjoining rooms are sold out so the other alternative is to purchase 2 cabins which is costlier by a few thousand dollars more. My question is does the bathroom in YC Duplex with the  bathtub,  have a shower in it or just the tub. I am hoping for something similar to the below. thanks

Home Standard Cube Square Bathroom Straight Single Ended Bath Tub ...

38 minutes ago, hbe30 said:

Thanks for your reply. I would much rather be in a YC deluxe but as i previously said MSC won't allow you  to book 3 in those rooms. The adjoining rooms are sold out so the other alternative is to purchase 2 cabins which is costlier by a few thousand dollars more. My question is does the bathroom in YC Duplex with the  bathtub,  have a shower in it or just the tub. I am hoping for something similar to the below. thanks

I found this....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_BPg4o3pqg

On my Meraviglia booking, there are several Duplex Suites available. My guess is that most people booking don't know that those suites are an option for YC access/amenities. 

18 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I found this....

On my Meraviglia booking, there are several Duplex Suites available. My guess is that most people booking don't know that those suites are an option for YC access/amenities. 

Also, they are not in the YC enclave area. For families, this is probably a good thing. I am not sure small children would like the YC dining room menus. They would probably be happy just grabbing something from buffet.(like Froot Loops)

1 hour ago, hbe30 said:

Home Standard Cube Square Bathroom Straight Single Ended Bath Tub ...

Hard to tell. We have never been in this type of cabin. Tub is upstairs in master bed area.

probably combo.

I would guess that most likely it would be like the older  mini suites on NCL. They are tub/shower combo. . Newer mini’s have large shower area. 

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I found this....

Thanks that's perfect, in the bathroom upstair it's showing a hose going up for a shower. I believe as of November 2020 they are becoming YC suites form Aurora.

1 hour ago, phissy said:

I am not sure small children would like the YC dining room menus. They would probably be happy just grabbing something from buffet.(like Froot Loops)

Mine were 7 & (almost) 5 at the time. The staff will bring pizza/pasta and other "kid stuff", no problem. 

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Also, they are not in the YC enclave area. For families, this is probably a good thing.

On NCL's Haven, our preference is the aft-facing suites which are on the opposite end of the ship. The walk is no problem for us. The large balcony is worth it. For the MSC Duplex Suites, the balcony isn't great but the whirlpool is a plus. I thought about switching to the Duplex but decided against it.