What is this on Spectrum?

5 minutes ago, firstsailor said:

What is this section on deck 5 of Spectrum of the Seas and what are the risks of having a cabin above it. Paying for an obstructed view which doesnt look too obstructed but noisy maybe?

deck 5.jpg

That may be the outside eating area for Jamie’s Italian

Outdoor eating area for Jamie's or whatever restaurant it turns into.  We were above that area on deck 7 of Anthem and it was really noisy one night.  Every night the area is all lit up though until at least 11pm, which made sitting out on our balcony for a drink not as enjoyable because of all the light.  We wouldn't book in that area again as we like to sit in the dark on our balcony and watch ships and storms in the distance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, firstsailor said:

So that same section of Odyssey doesnt show Jamie's there but just empty space.  Trying to pick a cabin!! 

If you look at the deck plans, it shows Giovannis Italian Kitchen on the VIa, that glass box was an outdoor seating area for Jamies on Anthem that is in the same area as Giovannis Italian Kitchen on Odyssey.  I would suspect they are going to use it similarly on Odyssey. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gmerick said:

Which side of the ship is it on?  Could it be the "Bus Shelter" that was the smoking area on Anthem and Ovation?

No, the smoking area you are referring to is farther aft and on opposite side of ship.  This is the outside eating area for Jamie's on Anthem and now Giovannis Kitchen on other ships.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:55 AM, gmerick said:

Which side of the ship is it on?  Could it be the "Bus Shelter" that was the smoking area on Anthem and Ovation?

Port side, you can tell by the direction the lifeboats are facing. 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:09 AM, firstsailor said:

Going with a room above it... wish me luck! LOL

I cruise on Quantum class pretty frequently, including Spectrum. I have never really see anyone use that area. As with any public area, it has the potential to get loud and rowdy, but I never had an issue with the port side cabins. I’m also not going to say it’s 100% quiet because other people had complain on noise and I’m probably out of my cabin when there was something going on there.. but every time I look, I rarely see anyone there.

On Spectrum it’s just an outdoor dining area... but, I never actually seen anyone had a meal there. 

Edited by SkaterJasp
  • Like 1