FCC to Pay Balance on Already Booked Cruise?

When my December cruise balance becomes due in September, would I be able to apply the FCC I will get from my RCCL cancelled September cruise?  Or does the FCC have to be applied to a new booking?  I don’t see this clearly addressed on RCCL’s website.

1 minute ago, SailorMarg said:

When my December cruise balance becomes due in September, would I be able to apply the FCC I will get from my RCCL cancelled September cruise?  Or does the FCC have to be applied to a new booking?  I don’t see this clearly addressed on RCCL’s website.

It can be used to pay the remaining balance 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

That is/was my issue to. Thanks for the answer Ourusualbeach. Correct me if i am wrong. If i use a Sept 2020 sailing  FCC to apply to a March 2021 Odyssey booking and Odyssey gets canceled, my understanding is he FCC I applied to the Odyssey cruise would be give back as a FCC, and the rest on terms of  Odyssey cancellation.

17 minutes ago, link99 said:

That is/was my issue to. Thanks for the answer Ourusualbeach. Correct me if i am wrong. If i use a Sept 2020 sailing  FCC to apply to a March 2021 Odyssey booking and Odyssey gets canceled, my understanding is he FCC I applied to the Odyssey cruise would be give back as a FCC, and the rest on terms of  Odyssey cancellation.

You would have a couple choices.
- It could all be issued as one new FCC 

- You could get a refund for what you have paid in cash and your FCC restored

- the latest letter seems to indicate that you could request a refund for your original FCC as well as the amount you paid in cash although there have been no reports of anyone doing this yet.