Westerdam review

Cruiser61

HI fellow cruisers. We are currently in St. Maartens under sunny skies. This note is to give you our perspective on this ship and staff. I had read the most current CC review of the Westerdam and it was not very positive. I am delighted to say:

- there are no more than 15 aged under 18.

- the staff has been top notch in every respect.

- entertainment is on a par with most other ships of this caliber.

- there are ten of us (sixth annual cruise for this group) and only one under par meal (mahi mahi that was a tad dry).

- It's clean and bright - just what one needs in this neck of the world.

So folks, if you are staying away because of that report, fear not..........unless, of course, you like to travel when the kids are out of school. That situation might be a bit different.

Are you on the Eastern itinerary? I am interested in know if they have switched the St. Martin and Tortola days and how crowded St. Martin was....

Also interested in what the entertainment is....

Thanks!

JLOF,

Yes we were on the Eastern itinerary. Tortola and St. Maartens were switched because with the original itinerary there would have been five ships in St. Maartens and we would have tendered. The change resulted in only three ships and less crowding in the town.

The entertainment was good. The best ever ventriloquist and a singer who is part of Yanni's troupe. Excellent. The ships troupe is very talented and I'd rate them on a par with other HAL/Celebrity performers.

A final note. The food in the dining room was good with the exception of surf and turf night where the filet was terrible. Tough and stringy. A second serving was no better. The veal served that night was also not very good. Otherwise we enjoyed.

If any of you like martinis, the bartender at the Martini Bar in the Atrium, on duty after 5:00, was superb!!!

Archived