Trying to understand post cancellation options

Heard that our cruise was cancelled and now have official word from our TA asking us what we want to do. I understand the options themselves (Lift & Shift, 125% credit or cancel w/refund). What I want to know is what happens after you rebook? If RC cancels our rebooked cruise, do we get the same options again? What if RC isn't cancelling but we decide we want to cancel or rebook?

I ask because my usual TA is offering an RC promotion of "free cancellation", but I don't know if it's their promotion, or they are claiming an RC promotion as their own.

Are we still tied to the same TA for all of this? I only went with the TA I did to use my Aeroplan points and after waiting on hold for 6 hours to book my cruise, I don't want to go back to them if I can avoid it.

17 minutes ago, TBone2K said:

Heard that our cruise was cancelled and now have official word from our TA asking us what we want to do. I understand the options themselves (Lift & Shift, 125% credit or cancel w/refund). What I want to know is what happens after you rebook? If RC cancels our rebooked cruise, do we get the same options again? What if RC isn't cancelling but we decide we want to cancel or rebook?

I ask because my usual TA is offering an RC promotion of "free cancellation", but I don't know if it's their promotion, or they are claiming an RC promotion as their own.

Are we still tied to the same TA for all of this? I only went with the TA I did to use my Aeroplan points and after waiting on hold for 6 hours to book my cruise, I don't want to go back to them if I can avoid it.

No way to tell what the policies will be in the future but in the past if Royal cancelled again you had the same options.

Royal has the Cruise with Confidence that for cruises booked before Aug 1 it allows you to cancel 48 hours prior to the day of departure.  This can be used even if you took advantage of the lift and shift.  It is Royals promotion not the TA's

If you choose the FCC you can switch TA's.  If you choose the lift and switch you are tied to the same TA

• Like 1

We rebooked our April cruises for cruises in September.  Now those have been cancelled.  The big difference on this cancellation is that we don't get 125% as a FCC.  Makes sense - only new money is eligible for 125% and the old FCC paid for the new cruise with a bit left over.  Haven't gotten the new FCC yet.  Just got the taxes/insurance from the April cruises and way too soon to get anything from the recent cancellation.  Don't think cash back is an option either, but we will just have fully paid cruises next year.

You will need to look at your options and see what works best for you. We chose a refund for our May Mediterranean cruise that was canceled so we were not locked into one cruise line or timeframe to use the FCC (Lift & Shift was not an option then). We just used Lift & Shift to move our November 2020 Cruise Caribbean cruise to November 2021 because we had a great rate and got to move from Serenade to Symphony for the same price.