mardi gras

bwlive

12 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The first statement is an opinion, or speculation.  It is not fact.

The only facts we know are that there are no booking available through March.  We do not know why.  Speculations include:

1. Carnival plans to cancel, but is not announcing anything yet.

2. Carnival is unsure if it will be possible to cruise, so rather than take people's money and cancel on them, they are just "pausing" new bookings.

3. Carnival intends to sail, but is limiting capacity to current bookings until the industry better understands how to move forward.

Until an announcement is made or bookings re-appear (or the sailings actually occur), there are no other facts available to the general public.

You must be a lawyer since you are so great at spin doctoring and taking a partial quote from someone and taking it out of context to try to make your point.

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Interest rates are near zero. How much is your bank paying you?

Doesn't matter what my bank is paying me.  What does matter is the longer that the cruise lines hold onto your money, the more they can earn in interest.  And the cruise lines are certainly earning more in interest than either you or I.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Jimbo, I was referring to people that are currently booked, but have not been told by Carnival that there sailing up until the end of March more than likely will be cancelled.  The longer Carnival holds onto the monies from cruisers with refundable deposits, it's just more interest free loans that Carnival gets.

Not only are the interest free loans to Carnival, Carnival will earn interest income on that money. When you're holding billions of dollars in the bank that interest can come out to a pretty penny.

6 hours ago, Twinado said:

This was just posted on John Heald’s Facebook page, first cruise for Mardi Gras is now Feb 6th 2021.

656D2266-8A4C-4401-901A-756C801A7752.jpeg

Thanks for the info. This means my 13 Feb cruise will be the second Mardi Gras cruise......if it doesn't get cancelled as well.

Ok so since we can’t get ahold of Carnival on phone.  My question is this ... it says we can see the options but ...  Will we still get our complete deposit and they won’t hold that for future credit????

Edited by bwlive