Carnival Vista Gym

choffman

Hey guys. Can any of you experienced cruisers tell me more about the gym/sauna on board? I’d like to keep to my routine as much as possible, but I’m having a hard time finding specifics about the layout of the gym, locker room, etc. My usual routine at my local gym is workout, sauna for a bit, shower and get ready at the gym, and then head out for the day. Is all that possible on the ship? Is it crowded? Just a few of my questions. Hope you guys can help.

Just from memory but approx 20 feet past the spa reception desk you will find the gym entrance on the right side.  Directly across from the gym entrance is a small hallway.  From the desk turn left to enter the hallway (right to enter gym).

Standing just inside the mens locker door:

-the wall you are facing (10-15 feet away?) has sinks/towels directly ahead of you, lockers to the right (you can't see lockers from the door), a bench in front of lockers.
-the door to the sauna is on the wall to your left, maybe 10 feet ahead.  It is a glass door but you cannot see into the sauna from the locker room entrance.  You'd need to walk forward several steps and look left.  From the center of the locker room you can see through the sauna door but I think all you can actually see from outside is the sauna heater/rocks, possibly a foot of the bench.  Rest of the sauna is not visible from lockers.
-turn to the right and there was a bathroom with full sized, lockable door. then 3 (I think) showers.  The showers were frosted glass doors.
-I BELIEVE there was another bathroom or two on the right side wall between lockers/shower wall.

Locker room was always nice and clean, plenty of towels.  The main locker room door was pretty loud, when relaxing in sauna I could easily hear when someone entered, not loud enough to be annoying but noticeable. 

Speaking of the door, I recall a few times female staff opening the door calling out...not sure if they were looking for guys waiting on massages etc but one almost got a full frontal view of me exiting the sauna.

The sauna was a short L shape.  When you open the door you are facing a 2 tiered bench, holds 3 maybe 4 guys (per level but would be tight).  To the left is the short side, holds 1 guy (again, per level but that would be tight).    There is maybe 2 feet of space between the front of the bench and the wall so overall it is a very small/intimate space.  Sauna was always clean and in good temp when I visited (twice daily).  Was  never overly busy but I almost always ran into one or two guys, almost always friendly chats.  Overall, despite the lack of steam room etc I enjoyed the Vista sauna more than most others I have used.

Enjoy.

Edited by OntarioBiMe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...
On 7/8/2020 at 10:31 AM, OntarioBiMe said:

Just from memory but approx 20 feet past the spa reception desk you will find the gym entrance on the right side.  Directly across from the gym entrance is a small hallway.  From the desk turn left to enter the hallway (right to enter gym).

Standing just inside the mens locker door:

-the wall you are facing (10-15 feet away?) has sinks/towels directly ahead of you, lockers to the right (you can't see lockers from the door), a bench in front of lockers.
-the door to the sauna is on the wall to your left, maybe 10 feet ahead.  It is a glass door but you cannot see into the sauna from the locker room entrance.  You'd need to walk forward several steps and look left.  From the center of the locker room you can see through the sauna door but I think all you can actually see from outside is the sauna heater/rocks, possibly a foot of the bench.  Rest of the sauna is not visible from lockers.
-turn to the right and there was a bathroom with full sized, lockable door. then 3 (I think) showers.  The showers were frosted glass doors.
-I BELIEVE there was another bathroom or two on the right side wall between lockers/shower wall.

Locker room was always nice and clean, plenty of towels.  The main locker room door was pretty loud, when relaxing in sauna I could easily hear when someone entered, not loud enough to be annoying but noticeable. 

Speaking of the door, I recall a few times female staff opening the door calling out...not sure if they were looking for guys waiting on massages etc but one almost got a full frontal view of me exiting the sauna.

The sauna was a short L shape.  When you open the door you are facing a 2 tiered bench, holds 3 maybe 4 guys (per level but would be tight).  To the left is the short side, holds 1 guy (again, per level but that would be tight).    There is maybe 2 feet of space between the front of the bench and the wall so overall it is a very small/intimate space.  Sauna was always clean and in good temp when I visited (twice daily).  Was  never overly busy but I almost always ran into one or two guys, almost always friendly chats.  Overall, despite the lack of steam room etc I enjoyed the Vista sauna more than most others I have used.

Enjoy.

Avid spa goer here! Thank you for the great detailed post!